Saturday, September 2, 2017

Ghirardelli Treat Holders


In the past I have made lots of Ghirardelli treat holders for various holidays - here are some photos of some of those treat holders:




First photo is a box that holds a couple of the candies and the bottom photo holds two of the candies and the gingerbread man on the front is made using a Stampin Up floral punch. Lots of treat holders for the Ghirardelli candies and I just came across another one by Nina S at "wallastamping.com". I had seen her how-to video on Youtube for my holders -- here is the link to her video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqzJcodF8sY

Here is a photo of the four Ghirardelli treat holders I made using her idea:


These holders use very little card stock so you can use up some of your scraps making these. When I made my first treat holder using her pattern I decided the lid to my box was a bit big so I adjusted the measurement and made my four boxes. To begin with the bottom of the box is cut 4 3/4" x 4 3/4". You take this to the score board and score it on all four sides at 1 3/8". The top to the box is cut to 3 1/16" x 3 1/16". Once cut I took that to the score board and scored it on all four sides at 1/2". With all my scored lines made on both pieces I then trimmed the wedges on the pieces and added tear and tape to put this together -- 


Followed her video for trimming and cuts. Peeled off the backing to the tape and put the box bottom and box lid pieces together. I used various colours and prints for my boxes. Used prints for the "belly bands" around my boxes. Those bands are 7 1/2" x 5/8" long. As Nina suggests in her video I put the bands around the boxes and pinched the folds on the bands rather than use the score board for those. Again used tear and tape to hold them together. 

Decorated the top of each box - this one I used two punches for the pumpkin face:


Pumpkin face punch I bought used and the pumpkin punch is M Stewart. First I punched the face stamp from Pumpkin Pie card stock:


Used the pumpkin punch and punched over that for the face, Then punched out a solid black pumpkin to put behind the face pumpkin:


Put the pumpkin face piece onto the black pumpkin using a glue pen. Used a SU label punch and punched out a black label. Put the pumpkins face onto this label piece using a large pop dot. As she had shown in her video I tied twine around that and trimmed it to size after I put the pumpkins face onto the black label piece. Added orange crystals to that piece:


For the bats box I used a stamp from Gina K Designs and stamped it onto yellow card stock. Punched that out using a circle punch and sponged the edges of that. Punched out a circle from black glittered card stock and put the greeting circle onto the glittered circle using red sticky tape. 

For the Trick or Treat box I stamped the greeting onto orange card stock. Sponged the edges using black ink. Punched out a black glittered circle and put this greeting onto that using the red sticky tape again. Used the SU banner punch and punched out two small banner pieces. Stacked those under the round greeting piece. Wanted some sparkle on this circle so I used a small circle punch and punched out three circles from the glittered black card. Put those on the greeting circle using a glue pen:


 For the "Boo" box I used a SU label punch for that and an SU stamp set. Put this onto a Pumpkin Pie oval piece using double sided tape. Put these on top of the belly band using tear and tape.  The belly band on this holder is one of the Halloween shelf strips I picked up at Walgreens for free one year when they were taking down their Halloween decorations while I was at the store. This photo shows the prints I used for the belly bands on my boxes:



These boxes go together quickly and are fun to mix and match scraps from the stash. Another cute holder for the Ghirardelli candies and thanks to Nina S for sharing her idea and video! TFL


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are a whiz with treat holders, Candee! Yum!