Friday, September 14, 2018

Fall Pumpkin Card


Card stock base is Stampin Up Mustard, kraft is Mikes, card front is Very Vanilla. Plaid print is from Authentique. My PIC (stamping Partner In Crime), had given me some rolled corrugated card board she had picked up on clearance at Mikes so I used that for my "FALL" letters.

Used the alphabet dies from Stampin Up for the "FALL" and I was concerned when I die cut my letters that the die cutting machine would flatten the corrugated card board but happily it did not totally squish them:


Cut and scored the card stock base. Cut the kraft card stock to the size I needed for the card front. Cut the Very Vanilla a bit smaller and cut a piece of the printed card stock into a triangle. Put all the card stock layers together using the ATG and set the card aside.

For the letters I cut out matching letters from Mike's kraft card stock and put the corrugated letters onto the kraft letters using the ATG. This makes the letters stronger and gives the corrugated letters "backing". Sponged the edges of each letter using brown ink. To position the letters onto the card front and to be sure they were even and straight I used the We R Memory Keepers "Thickers" that I picked up at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $2.49. I used the straight template for my letters:


I put the letters onto the template for a photo but I used the ATG and put adhesive on the backside of the letters and laid them just on the edge of the template and put them onto the card front being careful to press the adhesive onto the card front but not to smash the corrugated cardboard.

With the letters on the card front I used a small oval Marvy punch and punched out three ovals from Pumpkin Pie card stock. Sponged the edges of those and put them together using mini glue dots. Used a small leaf punch from Mikes dollar bin (when their dollar items were a dollar) and I punched out a leaf. Put that on the pumpkin top using a micro mini glue dot. Cut a green stem for the pumpkin. Put the pumpkin on top of the "L" in fall using a mini glue dot. Easy card to put together and really like the texture the corrugated paper gives the letters and card front. TFL


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

The corrugated cardboard is perfect for the rustic look of this card! Love the sweet pumpkin sitting atop the L!