Saturday, September 28, 2019

Altered Dollar Tree items


Had seen a video on YouTube by  "Jody's Craft Room"  using the Halloween thin wooden shapes from the Dollar Tree altered so I thought I would give it a try. . .   Here is a photo of these thin wooden shapes before I started:


I already had craft paints on hand so I used colours I have. Dies I used are from my stash from various manufacturers. Small Halloween wooden shapes are from Hobby Lobby:


One of these shapes is the spiderweb I used on the ghost. Flowers were also from Hobby Lobby when their PaperStudio brand was on sale for fifty percent off. For the "BOO" and the eyes/mouth for the ghost I used black glittered card stock from Hobby Lobby. For the black card stock for behind the pumpkin I used #110 black card stock from Mikes that I cut with scissors to fit behind the pumpkin. To make a pattern I laid the pumpkin on a sheet of white/GP card stock and traced around it with a light pencil line. I used scissors to cut that shape out cutting about 1/4" inside the shaped line so that the black piece could not be seen on the edges of the pumpkin. Here is a photo of the pattern piece:


I used liquid glue to put the black card stock behind the pumpkin. Here is a photo of my altered items and a big thanks to Jody for her inspiration! 


Bling it on -- decided to add a couple of touches to these altered items. For the pumpkin I die cut "Happy Halloween" from black foil card stock and put that on the upper left side of the pumpkin:


I also used clear Wink of Stella over the petals on the flowers for some shimmer:


For the ghost piece I added clear Wink of Stella to the die cut fence piece at the bottom:


Set these aside for holiday decorating now that they are finished.  TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What fun, Candee! Your Boo-day decorations are fantastic!