Saturday, September 7, 2019

Hey Ghoulfriend!

BOO Day treat bags -- have started those and still working on them but have four of them done and here they are:

and also:

Bought the paper bags from the Dollar Tree.  Witchcraft die is from Sizzix. Miscellaneous holiday printed card stocks are from the stash.  Used various black trims from the stash as well as the sequins. "Wicked" is a Sizzix die and I used glittered rust card stock from Hobby Lobby for that. Cheesecloth is from Mikes.

When I cut out the witch I decided to "dress" her to show the detail of this die. For the black cat I used flocked black card stock so the cat has a soft texture. The white die cut piece the witch is on uses a die from AliExpress. It cuts a smaller framed piece but I wanted to use the die for the bag front so I measured the width of the die and cut white/GP card stock to that width. I measured the front of the bag and decided the length I wanted the white framed piece to be and I cut all white pieces to that length. I then die cut the ends of the white pieces only to give the top and bottom edges some dimension. With all the white die cut pieces done I sponged the edges of the white pieces using black Memento ink. Used a small background stamp and stamped all the white pieces with black ink.

Using various prints from the stash I cut them large enough for the front of the paper bags and a bit larger than the die cut white/GP pieces. I used tear and tape to put the prints on the bag fronts. Using liquid glue (I used Beacon 3 in 1 glue) I put the 'dress' on the witch. Set those aside to dry. Using various black trims I put the trim on the left side of the printed pieces on the bag fronts trimming those to the length I would need. Some black trims I added silver sparkle gem strips to to give the trim some sparkle and shine. Using the same liquid glue for the witch dress I added the witches to the white pieces. Set them aside to dry. For some of the bag fronts I added cut white cheesecloth and other bags do not have it. I trimmed the cheesecloth to the size I wanted for the bag fronts.

With the trim on the bag front I used tear and tape and put the dried white pieces to the bag fronts over the cheesecloth pieces. I did not use adhesive for the cheesecloth since it is so thin. The tear and tape holding the white bag fronts to the bags will hold it in place.  Used Glossy Accents and added sequins to the white pieces around the witch - carefully leaving space to add my cat later. Used red tape to add the black cat to the witch fronts.

These bags will be used to put Halloween treat holders in so they are just the right size to hold a few of the treat holders.  Have a few more to finish and then onto another project. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Fantastic bags to hold your Boo-day treats, Candee! Love that witch with her scary black cat!