Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter Policy Envelope

This is a post showing my first policy envelope I have made. To begin with after seeing a few of the policy envelopes made on YouTube I had to decide if I wanted my envelope to close on the front or on the back. I wanted to use a velcro closure so I decided I would have my envelope close in the front. I was making this envelope for Easter but I did not want a holiday themed card stock so I decided on floral print.

I measured the item I was putting inside my envelope and that decided the size envelope I would need to make. Here is my finished envelope - not decorated - to show this:

I used a scoreboard to make my envelope and for the corners I used a corner rounder punch. For the bow at the top I used a Pink & Main bow die. With the envelope put together I sponged the edges of all sides, and top flap, using a dauber and a light peach ink. To decorate the envelope front I wanted to have different layers and different textures. To begin with I used decorative edge scissors and cut out a rectangle from pink striped card stock from the stash. Once that was cut out I sponged the edges of that. Wanted some texture on this piece so I used a rose stencil and white texture paste - here is a photo showing the piece with the stencil and paste on the top of it:

I lifted off the stencil to reveal the rose pattern:

With the texture paste still wet I could have added glitter to it but I did not want any sparkle on that layer. Set this piece aside to dry and rinsed off my stencil to remove the texture paste. Wanted to have a vintage printed floral piece so on the computer I printed out a free vintage floral design onto white/GP card stock. Cut out one of the prints using scissors. Used #110 weight white card stock behind this rectangle piece and put them together using the ATG. This gave the floral piece some stiffness and shape. Used a brown ink and sponged the edges of this piece so you can not see the white card stock on the edges. Once that was done and dry I used a clear Wink of Stella pen and went over all the edges of this piece to give it some sparkle:

For the greeting "Happy Easter" I used a stash die and cut those words out of peach card stock and again white/GP card stock. Used liquid glue and put those together which gives the words dimension. Once they were dry I went over them with the clear Wink of Stella to add some sparkle. Die cut two white/GP banner pieces and put the words onto the banners using liquid glue.

The first layer on the front of the policy envelops is a piece of white cheesecloth. Cut that to the size I wanted using scissors. Ran the ATG over the front of the envelope and laid down the cheesecloth. For the textured paste striped piece I used a white doily that I had cut in half and put that onto the left side of the piece using tear and tape on the edge. Used hot glue and added a small white feather, then a flower from the flower stash with smaller pink flowers hot glued on. Used a leaf punch and a large sprig punch and punched out a couple of pieces using peach card stock. Cut those to size and hot glued them onto the front striped panel piece. Below the feather and under the large flower I hot glued a sparkly piece of white tulle to add some sparkle to the piece:

Die cut a bunny out of white flocked card stock using an old Lil Inker Designs bunny die set. I added the clear Wink of Stella to the bow, added a pearl to that, and used a small white pom pom for the bunny tail:

Used the ATG and covered the back of my front panel piece and put this onto the policy envelope front. Added the banner pieces over the vintage floral piece using tear and tape. For the white bunny I used foam tape behind that. Once all pieces were on the envelope front I added some mirrored sequins using Glossy Accents. Here is a photo of the finished Easter Policy Envelope:

The camera does not capture all the sparkle and shine on the envelope front, nor the layers and the dimension of it all. Fun project to put together. This is a good pattern to use for die cut pieces, or bling or other items for gifting. I am sure it will get more use for the holiday season ahead - easy pattern as there are only 4 score lines.  TFL

Here is a photo of the two dies that I put inside the policy envelope for the Easter treat bag I had put together for my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime):

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Candee! Thanks for the Easter card. It's on the mantel and about our only Easter decoration this year.