Tuesday, October 13, 2020

BOO Day Treat Holders

 Wanted to make different treat holders for BOO Day this year - Halloween. Decided to "think out of the box" and dig out some supplies . . .  As usual for Halloween I make a treat holder for a Tootsie Pop lollipops but did not want to make ones I have made in the past. Looked through the die stash and came across the Rectangle Box die from Lifestyle Crafts/QuicKutz:


This die makes a small rectangle box but if you cut it out and add a hole to the top flap it will be a free standing Tootsie Pop holder -  here are photos of the ones I made:


I used scrap printed card stocks for the front of the holders and added crystal gems to them. Wanted to add the black and white bows to the top of the boxes by the lollipop stick but the bows wanted nothing to do with the glue dots I was using - so I added Glossy Accents to the bows and that did the trick:


For the pumpkins on the fronts I used scrap pumpkin card stock and two punches to make them:


To make the pumpkins I punched the orange Marvy pumpkin face out on the card stock. Then I centered the M Stewart solid pumpkin over the punched face and punched out the pumpkin. Using scrap black card stock I punched out a solid black pumpkin and glued it behind the pumpkin face piece using liquid glue. Sponged the edges of the pumpkin and used a light brown marker over the stem part. The Marvy punch is an old one and a must for Halloween projects in this craft room. 

Next I wanted to include a black cat this Halloween. I used solid card stock and cut out my pieces for the matchbook holders I made:



Once the holder was cut out I cut out a panel of printed card stock for the front and I used a cat punch for the glittered card stock cat and added a small bow using a bow punch from Hobby Lobby. In the center of the bow is a holographic orange crystal from Queen & Company:


The matchbook holders can hold fun sized candies - M&M bags, Skittles bags, and Brach's Candy Corn bags. Once I had my candy inside I used a stapler to attach the candy bag to the holder. I did not want to see the staple on the front of the holder so I covered the staple with tear n tape and then put holiday washi tape over that:


Nugget candy holders - wanted to include the Hershey Nuggets so decided to wrap the candies with holiday prints and put them on a 'tray' in a clear bag. I punched out a white tag and added "BOO" that is a die cut piece. Here are the holders:



The "BOO" die was a free gift with a recent order from Taylored Expressions. They usually send a "thanks" die with my orders - I have that in script, small letters, capitalized letters, and so it goes. Those are dies that do not get much use . . .  This last order FINALLY they included a free die I will use - this BOO has a place on the die for small wiggle eyes so I added those from my stash. Tied the clear bags closed using holiday twine. The 'trays' are solid card stocks cut and scored to hold the Hershey Nuggets. Easy treat holder to put together! 

Will finish the rest of the treat holders this week and add photos when I am done. TFL


2 comments:

Darlene said...

OMG these are so creative and fabulous! Did you know there's a new Anything Halloween Challenge Blog just opened? Be sure to check it out and we'd love to have you join us! TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
Darlene - Co-owner

Bonnie said...

Jack-o-lanterns, cats and candy, oh my! Your treats are a treat, Candee!