Sunday, October 11, 2020

BOO Treat Bags

 Just finished working on the BOO Treat Bags for this year. As usual I still used the black, white, and orange paper gift bags for Halloween. This year I used all items in my stash and did not have to buy anything to complete them. Used dies and punches to decorate the bag fronts and on some bags I added flocked spiders from a sticker pack from Hobby Lobby. Here is one of the bags:

For this bag I used orange glittered card stock for the letters I die cut out. I also die cut out these letters from #110 weight white card stock to adhere the glittered letters to to make the letters more sturdy. The printed card stock on all the bag fronts is from a paper pad from last Halloween that I had picked up on clearance after the holiday was over. The spider ribbon is from the stash and the silver gem strips on the sides of the bag front is from the Dollar Tree. The white ghosts are die cut out using an old Sizzix yellow steel ruled die. On some of the bags the ghosts are facing the other direction and I cut some ghosts out with the shiny side of the card stock against the die and for the other direction I just die cut the ghosts from the back side of the card stock. The ghosts are all cut out of the white shiny card stock that ACMoore used to sell. When they had their closing sales I bought a good stash of this card stock for ghosts and snowmen future projects. 

The bats are cut out using a triple bat punch and I used black glittered card stock for those. I also punched out bats using #110 weight black card to adhere the glittered black bats to. Problem is the black glittered card stock has a white core so once the bats were punched out you could see the white on the edges. To fix that I just used a black Sharpie marker on all the edges and you can not see the white core anymore. Here is another bag:



Again using the black glittered card stock for my letters and again used the Sharpie marker to cover the white core of the card stock. On this bag I used silver glittered card stock for the bats. Also for all the ghosts I used black plastic spider webs I had in the stash from last year. I put those webs on the ghosts using Glossy Accents and added gems from the stash to those. Added a flocked spider to the "YOU" using liquid glue and the pop dot he came with. 

Some of the bags have the "BOO TO YOU" angled and other bags I used the larger ghost die I have so I had to be sure to keep the letters together to take up less space on the bag front to give me more space for the larger ghost. Here is one of those bags:


With the one ghost being so big I used two of the plastic spider webs and put those on the large ghost. Then used one web for the upper right ghost and for the smallest ghost on the bottom right I just trimmed off a row of the web with scissors so it would fit better on the ghost. For all the bags I added the pipe cleaner/crepe paper trim to the top and bottom of the bag. I had used this idea from decor items I made for last Halloween:


I had seen how to make these on YouTube from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio on one of her videos. I thought they would be cute for the bag fronts for these treat bags. Here is a photo to show the smooth finish of the white foil card stock for the ghosts:


and the shine from the glittered card stock letters and bats:


and the orange letters:


IRL these bag fronts have a lot of sparkle and shine with the glittered card stocks, the gems, and the shiny card stock used for the ghosts. Fun bags to assemble....  now to fill them up! TFL


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Good for you using your stash for these awesome Boo Day bags! As always, so clever and fun!

Darlene said...

OMG what a clever idea ... what fun! Great job!
Did you know there's a new Anything Halloween Challenge Blog opening tomorrow? Be sure to check it out and we'd love to have you join us!
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
Darlene - Co-owner