Saturday, April 16, 2022

This and that . . .

 Anna Wight from YouTube is a designer for IOStamps (Impression Obsession) and I have wanted to buy a few of the dies she designed but a couple of them sold out before I could order. Happy me they were restocked and the one I really wanted is the Trims die set:

The die set arrived with the red cling stamps I ordered from their closeout sale last week. (For the month of April IO is selling their red cling stamps for 20% off using the code "2022" since they are closing out their vast inventory of red cling stamps).  This Trims die set went right to work cutting out the stitched ric rac die using 6x6 card stocks for BOO Day (Halloween):

This past week I reorganized my 6x6 paper pads using clear envelopes that I had bought awhile back from ClearBags to store my background stamps in. Having extra clear envelopes I decided I would work on a better system for my 6x6 card stock pads. 

Decided I do not need to store items I will not use so I took all the 6x6 paper pads and took all the sheets out off of the pads. It does not matter to me what manufacturer the papers are by so I tossed the pad cover and back leaving me with the card stock. Weeded out card stocks I know I will not use and am only storing papers I will use. I used scrap/odd pieces of solid card stocks and made tabbed dividers using the Tab punch board. Used the label maker to label the dividers. I am storing these 6x6 card stocks in an empty fridge bin I had after I weeded out stamp sets. Here is a photo of the now sorted and filled bin:

Have them organized by holiday and then by print -- flowers, plaids, etc.. Hopefully this will ensure that I will use these card stocks more often so they are not just getting stored in the craft room. While I was die cutting the ric rac pieces out I decided to die cut the two Witch dies Anna Wight designed for IO last year:

I used glittered black card stock from HobLob for the witches and I also cut them out of the black #110 card stock from Mikes. I glued the solid witch to the glittered witch to make them more sturdy. To store these until BOO Day projects are started I bought a new size of snack bags at the Dollar Tree:

Here is a photo of the snack bag packaging:

The bags are approx 3 1/2 x almost 6 and they have a zip closure. I had originally picked them up for beads and jewelry making supplies but my die cuts fit inside perfectly and will be dust free for projects ahead. Plus they are cheaper than the jewelry bags at HobLob so a good find at the Dollar Tree.... Always good when I can find a few uses from one item for the craft room....  I also store the small Impresslits embossing/die cut folders in them:


In the bag is the packaging photo piece and the folder to keep them together and dust free. Handy sized snack bag for sure. 


No comments: