Sunday, April 3, 2022

Pilgrims and Rosettes

 Had seen a video on YouTube from Karolinaskrafts making mini rosettes using the Sizzix Rosettes die set #662691. There are a few dies in my stash that I have duplicates of and this Rosettes die set is one of them. The other duplicates I have is the Spellbinders Poinsettia die and a flower die set from Scrapdivadesigns. In her video explaining the how-to's for her mini rosettes she showed she was using scrap card stocks from a 6x6 paper pad. I watched the video and then decided to make my own.

For my rosettes I also used the scallop edged rosette die and my scrap of card stock from a fall themed 6x6 paper pad by Pink&Main. My scrap measures 6" x 2 1/2" approx. I put the rosette die onto the card stock and die cut these out:

Using the 6x6 card stock these rosettes are shorter than the normal rosette this die cuts out. I had 7 scallops on the die not having card stock on it. Once the rosettes were cut out I took it to the trimmer and trimmed off about 1/4" off the straight edge to make the rosette narrower than the die cut piece:

The die cuts and scores the rosette piece so I folded the strip on the scored lines. You need a 'mountain' fold on one end and a 'valley' end on the other end. To get this I had to cut one section off one of the ends of the strip:

I used tear and tape to put my rosette ends together. Used hot glue to form the rosette. Here is a photo to show the size this rosette die makes (the larger cream printed rosette) and the two smaller pumpkin coloured rosettes are the mini rosettes:

Easy rosettes to make using up more card stock scraps from the stash.... now onto the Pilgrims.... 

Long ago I picked up a small Pilgrim die by QuicKutz at a used stampers sale. I was only able to get the male but after I brought him home I searched Ebay for the female. It took awhile to find her but I was able to buy her off Ebay and now I have the set:

Using only scrap card stocks I die cut lots of them out and here some of them are:

Plan on using them for Thanksgiving embellishments and since I made the mini rosettes I put the Pilgrims on those to show the size of them:

The Pilgrims can fit both the mini and the regular sized rosettes for future embellishments. Happy to find another way to use the rosettes die set and to be able to adjust the size - both width and length - of them. Thanks to Karolinaskrafts for sharing her tips on her mini rosettes. Now I have a start for Thanksgiving embellishments....



No comments: