Sunday, July 21, 2024

BOO Halloween Card

Once again designer Nicole Sphor is working with Spellbinders for new Fall releases. I ordered this die set she had designed and wanted to make it into a Halloween card. Here is a photo of her new design "Faux Embroidered Pumpkin":

Here is my card:

I used a light lavender card stock for the card base, scored at the top. For the background I looked through my background dies in the stash and decided to use the Impression Obsession/IO Stamps Spiderweb die. I cut this out of mirrored black card stock:

With the smaller die pieces in this set I used scrap card stocks and cut out the flowers and leaves for the base of the pumpkin. For each pumpkin I die cut two pumpkins and put them together using liquid glue for make them more sturdy. Once dried I sponged the edges to give them some shading. The greeting "BOO" is from the Spellbinders Boo-licious die set. That was a Large Die of the Month Club they offered for Sept. 2023. I bought it when it was on sale.

She designed the witch hat so when you cut it out it makes a slit on the rim of the hat so it easily slides over the left side of the pumpkin which helps keep it in place. I used glue dots to add the flowers to the base of the pumpkin and liquid glue was used to put the spiderweb background piece on the card stock base. Very easy die set to put together and the pumpkins are a nice size so they can easily be used for other Fall projects besides Halloween. 





No comments: