Monday, July 22, 2024

Lunch Bag BOO Day Treat Holder

Used paper lunch bags to make these BOO Day treat holders using the new Trick or Treat Bag Topper die set from KSCrafts from their July release. Wanted to use die sets and card stocks from the stash so the only new item I used was the bag topper die. 

For each bag front and back I used two coordinating card stocks that would go with the card stocks I used for the bag toppers. I die cut the front and back of the bag toppers using two different card stocks as well to add interest to them - here is a photo of everything cut and ready to be assembled but first I would have to trim the bag topper printed card stock panels:

With everything die cut and card stocks trimmed to size I was ready to assemble (rosette bases in photo is for another BOO Day project). Here is a photo of the finished decorated bag treat holders:



The one draw back with this bag topper die set is there is no die in the set for the printed card stock panel pieces on the bag topper. If you use the die as it is and cut out a printed card stock panel this is the look the die will give you for your printed panels:

Definitely not the look I wanted for the bag topper so I used scrap cream card stock and cut out the flap of the bag topper and once that was die cut I took the scissors and trimmed around the stitching line at the top of the die piece to mimic the stitching line that goes all the way around the die:

You only need to trim this pattern piece from one side of the handle to the other side of the handle so it is not a lot of fussy cutting. Here is a bag topper I had used my patter piece on:

The bag topper with "TRICK" on it shows the top now using the pattern piece compared to the sample on the left using the die set as it is. Once all my bag topper fronts and backs were cut out I used liquid glue to add the printed card stock to the bag topper piece. To dress this up I used this die set from the stash and cut out spider webs from mirror black card stock and I also cut out a spider and put that on the front of the bag:

Here is a photo to show the bag fronts-I used a scallop border die from the stash and cut out black glittered card stock for that to put at the bottom of the bag:

Right now the bags are all put together and when I put the candy treats in the bags the week of Halloween then I will attach the front of the bag topper to the bag front using tear and tape and I will use velcro dots on the back of the bag topper so the bags can easily be opened. To attach the printed card stock to the front and back of the bags I used tear and tape and the "around the block" method to put these on the bags so they would be straight - put tear and tape on the back edges of the panels and lift up 1/4 of the tape at one end for each side.  Fold this to the front of the panel and when done you will have four 'pull tabs' to remove the backing on your tape:

Lay the panel on the bag, print side up, and put one tab at a time until all are pulled off:

And after all tabs are pulled off:

With not using liquid glue you do not have to wait for it to dry or deal with any bubbles or glue on your edges. Quick and easy way to add the printed panels to the bag fronts and backs. For the words on the bag topper "TRICK" "or" "treat" I used glittered card stocks from the stash and cut those out. Easy project to put together for BOO Day treats!





No comments: