Sunday, July 21, 2024

Gnome Tree Cards

Spellbinders had their Warehouse Sale so happy me I picked up their "Gnome Tree" die set. This is a cute die set with lots of detail and it can be used as it shows on their packaging and you can also cut apart the gnomes and use them on their own. Here is a photo of the die set packaging:

For my first card I used all scraps for my gnomes and I wanted to use many different colours. Here is the first card I made:

I wanted to make this a shaped card so I cut out a white card stock base, scored on the side, and I put the background die piece onto the white card stock base with the die piece just off the edge of the scored line and so this card opens with the scored line on the side:

First for this card with all the small pieces of the gnomes with their hats, robes, sleeves I wanted to be sure I had things in the right place on the card front. This die set has an outline die piece and then the detailed gnome piece that cuts out all you need for the gnomes. I cut a piece of white card stock larger than the detailed gnome die piece and I used tape to put this die onto the white card stock base. I used the foam mat in the Big Shot to cut out and emboss the die piece so my white card stock would have an impression of the gnomes piece:

Having the pattern on the white card stock base it made it easy to put all my die cut pieces in place using liquid glue. First put the hats on, then the beard-do not glue to the edges-and then the robe pieces and the arms. This makes assembly easier. 

For my gnomes, once all pieces were cut out, I sponged the edges of the hats and then stamped the hats with small background stamps to add patterns to their hats. Last I added the noses and then the shiny black shoes. Used gold poster board from the Dollar Tree for the string of lights and used glittered card stocks for the ornaments. The greeting "Be Merry" is from the My Favorite Things/MFT Stamps die set "Snow Globe Sentiments" and red ink. Cut this out using the banner die set from Pink and Main. 

My next card I wanted to use the traditional Christmas red and greens:

Again used red and green card stock scraps for the gnomes. Added gold glitter card stock for the stars. The greeting "Merriest Wishes" again is from the MFT Stamp set:

Once again I made this into a shaped card but for this card I scored it at the top:

On this card I stamped small background stamps only on the red gnome hats and just sponged the edges of the green hats. This gnome die set looks complicated but working with the embossed white card stock base made piece placement very easy. Here are both cards:

Also these gnomes can be cut apart and used for other projects. Fun holiday cards! Plus it was on sale so that is always a good thing. . .

No comments: