Sunday, November 13, 2016

Birthday Card


Made this birthday card for another stamper I know. She likes purple but I do not have much printed card stock with purples. Used a sheet of printed card stock by K&Company in a pad of floral print card stocks.

Card stock base is a shade of purple cut and scored to the size I needed for the card stock base. Used a piece of lighter purple card stock for the card front. Put these two pieces together using the ATG.

For the white piece on the card front I used white/GP.  Using the hexagon punch from Stampin Up I punched a hexagon shape from the lower right front of the white card stock. Using that punch I punched out 6 hexagons from the floral card stock. Put these pieces onto the white card stock base using TomBow glue positioning them around the hexagon punched on the white/GP piece. With those in place I trimmed the edges of the hexagons that hung over my white/GP card stock piece using scissors. I put the white piece onto the card stock base using dimensionals.

For the "happy Birthday wishes" I used a stamp from Stampin Up's Petite Pairs stamp set. Stamped that onto scrap white card stock using Stampin Up Orchid Opulence ink. Again used the hexagon punch to punch that out. Used double sided tape to put that in the hexagon punched shape on the white/GP piece  Here is a closer photo of this piece:


Used the triple flower punch from Stampin Up and punched out three light purple flowers from scrap card stock. Added a pearl to the center of each flower. Put the flowers on the card front using mini glue dots. Hoping this has enough purple for my friend!  TFL

No comments: