Sunday, November 13, 2016

One of thirty --


A gal asked me to make 30 Christmas gift tags for her so I will post some as I make them -- but not all. The tag I am showing today is:


First to make this tag I had to decide on which tag die set I have that I would use. I decided to use this die set by Sizzix:


For my tag I used the middle sized tag die. Cut out a white tag using the 110# card stock from Mikes. Then used red card stock and cut out the top of the die only for Santa's hat -- this measures about 1 1/2 inch long from the tag top. Using the ATG I put the red "hat" piece onto the white tag base matching it at the tag top. Then cut out another tag using white/GP card stock. From the straight bottom I cut this off at approx 2 5/8 inches. Embossed this using the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder.

For the Santa face I used a 1 3/4 inch circle punch and punched out a circle using blush card stock scraps. Cut part of this circle off so this face piece is flat across at the top so it will butt up against the red hat card stock piece.Then I laid the embossed white piece onto the white tag base making sure the bottom of the tag pieces were even. Laid the pink face piece onto the tag base being sure the top of the face piece was flat against the tag topper red "hat" piece. Using a pencil I traced around this face circle on the white embossed piece.

Took these pieces off the tag base and used the 1 3/4 circle punch to punch a partial circle on the top of the embossed piece following the pencil line. Used the ATG and put the white embossed piece onto the tag piece being sure the tag piece bottoms were even. Sponged all the edges of this tag with light gray ink. Then put the pink face onto the tag base also using the ATG. By punching out a partial circle from the top of the embossed piece the face will lay flat:


Used the Stampin Up Bird Builder punch (wing) for the mustache and sponged all edges of those two pieces using light gray ink.  Put the mustache on Santa's face using glue dots. Used a 1/2 inch circle punch for the nose. Put that on top of the mustache pieces using a large glue dot. Used a 1/4 inch circle punch for the two black eyes. For the 'fur' at the brim of Santa's hat I used furry white yarn from Mikes and a piece of red sticky tape to hold that on.

Used a sprig punch from M Stewart for the two green pieces and added a button on top of those. Added those to his hat brim using glue dots. For the top of the tag I used sheer red ribbon and added two silver bells using silver shimmer ribbon to tie those around the sheer red ribbon. Turned the tag over and stamped "To" and "From". Easy tag to put together -- may use a Qtip and added rosy cheeks to Santa's face. TFL

No comments: