Saturday, November 26, 2016

Flurries Tag


Another tag of the 30 different tags I am making. . . For this tag I went through card stock scraps and this blue card stock was large enough to make a tag from. I did not use a tag die to cut out the tag shape. I used the trimmer and cut the blue card stock 2 1/4" wide by 4 3/4" long. I used the retired Stampin Up Tag Corner punch for the tag shape. Here is my Flurries Tag:


I believe this scrap blue card stock is Close To My Heart paper. Here is a photo of the Tag Corner punch I used to get the tag shape:


Once I had my tag cut out and corners punched I used a 1/4" circle punch and made a hole at the top of the tag. I then punched out a 1/4" circle from more of this scrap card stock. Using a 1/2" circle punch I punched over that first small circle and this gave me the ring for the hole at the tag top:


Once the ring was punched out I set that aside. Using a stamp with dots I picked up at a thrift store by Hero Arts I inked it with VersaMark and stamped it onto the blue tag. Sprinkled white embossing powder on that and used the heat gun to set that. With the embossing done I used a glue pen and put the ring over the hole at the top of the tag. Using Stampin Up Brocade Blue ink I sponged all the edges of the tag to give the edges a darker look. This also makes the white dots more prominent.

For the "SNOW" word at the bottom of the tag I used a border punch from Fiskars and punched that out of white glittered card stock. Used the trimmer to cut it to the size I needed for the tag. Put this piece onto the tag using red sticky tape:


Used a snowflake border punch from M Stewart and punched out a snowflake from the same glittered card stock. Put that snowflake over the snowflake punched with the "SNOW" punch. Added a clear crystal to the center of the snowflake using a micro mini glue dot. (Hobby Lobby).

For the larger snowflake on the tag:


The larger snowflake is a punch from Stampin Up and again I used white glittered card stock for that. The smaller center snowflake is made using a die that came with a recent British card making magazine I bought at Barnes and Noble. Put the two snowflakes together using small strips of the tear and tape. For the center of the snowflakes I used the blue circle that I punched out at the tag top and I put that circle onto the snowflakes using a glue dot. Added a clear crystal on top of the blue circle using also using a glue dot. The blue circle makes the crystal look blue-ish. Put this snowflakes piece onto the tag using tear and tape.

At the tag top I tied silver ribbon and used thin sliver wired twine (floral section @ Mikes -- thanks to Bonnie for sharing!!). Put the twine bow onto the ribbon using Aleene's glue:


Another festive tag for the holidays. I stamped the "To and From" on the tag back in the Brocade Blue ink I sponged the edges with. Happy to find the Hero Arts stamp at the thrift store as well. TFL

No comments: