Monday, November 28, 2016

Treat Box with Snowman Tag


Picked up this treat box die at Hobby Lobby by Momenta with my coupon. Here is a photo of the packaging with this die:


Here is the first box I made:


For this box I used double sided card stock. The tan strip across the front of the box (and the flower on the snowman hat) are the other side of the red print. I cut out two of the treat box pieces in the Big Shot and put the box together using tear tape. This is an easy box to put together and it will hold a lot of treats but I did not like that on the bottom of the box you see a gap as the bottom is not sealed. So I measured and cut a piece of kraft card stock that I put inside this box using the ATG for adhesive so the bottom is sealed now:


This next box I used solid blue card stock and again I cut out two treat box pieces. While these were still flat I used a snowflake wheel stamp (I have taken all my stamps off their wheels) and I used the MISTI and white ColorBox ink to stamp the snowflakes on the front and the back of the box. Put this together used tear tape:


 The camera did not capture this well but here is a closer photo of the snowflake stamp across the box:


Once again I cut a piece of the blue card stock to put inside the box for the bottom. Now to the snowman tag --

These tags are sold at the office supply store and I picked up a package of 50:


These are in the shipping labels/tags aisle. To make the snowman tag remove one of the tags from the package:


Open the ring at the top with your fingers and remove that from the round tag:


I used the small snowman face stamp from www.http://morningstarstamps.com and stamped at on the tag near the bottom using StazOn black ink. Used an orange marker to colour his nose:


For his hat I used a piece of black card stock from Mikes and punched that out using the Stampin Up Curvy Tab punch:


Used the card stock scraps from each box to cut a band for the hat and put that band onto the hat using a glue pen. Used a dollar bin flower punch for the flower on this hat:


For the blue treat box snowman hat I used the M Stewart snowflake border punch and punched out a snowflake from white glittered card stock:


Added a crystal to each hat for bling and that was done. Used twine from the stash to tie the snowman tags on the treat box. Put paper shred from the dollar store in the boxes and will fill them with candy treats for the holidays. These boxes would also be cute as place markers on a holiday table -- just put the recipient's name on the front of the box. TFL


No comments: