Monday, March 19, 2018

Birthday Gift Bag


Recently bought the Our Daily Bread Designs Card Caddy and Gift Bag Bundle. Needed to make a birthday gift bag so wanted to use this new die set. Here is the bag I made:


Used Stampin Up Pink Pirouette card stock for the bag back, sides, front, and handles on my bag. As with other detailed dies I use the Cheery Lynn metal shim to cut out the bag front with all the details.  With the back, sides, and front of the bag pieces cut out I used a bone folder to crease the scored lines the die made. Then used 1/8" red sticky tape to put the bag pieces together. Put the handles on the bag using glue dots and punched out a small pink circle to put over the back of the handles to cover the glue dots that showed on the inside of the bag through the front cut out piece.

The "Happy Birthday" circle:


This die was a free die with one of my British card making magazines and I cut that out of a scrap piece of darker pink card stock. With that cut out I put a lighter pink circle behind it and used larger glue dot to put that on the handle on the bag front. Easy bag to put together and as with the other Our Daily Bread Designs dies this die set cut the card stock easily. TFL

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty birthday bag! Love the cutwork and it's so pretty in pink!

Brenda said...

Your gift bag is absolutely stunning Candee! Hugs, Brenda

Cindy said...

Hi Candee,
As usual I love your posts. But I especially love the Happy Birthday cut out tag. Do you know if it can be purchased and where? Would love to get it.
Thanks for all your inspirations in your post. Happy Spring!!! Cindy

Candee said...

Hi Bonnie, Brenda, and Cindy -- Thanks for your kind comments on the pink birthday gift bag I made using the ODBD die set. Also thanks for your blog visit! As for the die Cindy - the small birthday die I used was a free gift with a British card making magazine I subscribe to. Each issue the reader gets a free gift - dies, stamps, papers, trims, etc. But Taylored Expressions sells a birthday die set called Birthday Treat Toppers with different dies in that set. Their Happy Birthday circle die in that set measures the same size as the die I used and you could put stars or a heart or a small cupcake or something in the center of the circle for your project. I looked at the die I used and there is no markings on the back so I do not know what manufacturer had made my die. But maybe you could look at the die set on Tayloredexpressions.com and see if you could use that one instead. Hope that helps and also to you Happy Spring!! (IF it ever gets here -- haha)

Cindy said...

Thank you Candee, I surfed all over and finally found it!! Plus I also found some similar ones besides Taylored Expressions. Thank you again!