Monday, March 5, 2018

Uphill battle - - -


Stampin Up has a special sale going on now where a customer can spend a certain amount of money and get some free products. I recently bought the Stamparatus stamping tool and a small item and that qualified me to get a free stamp set. I like the Eclectic Expressions stamp set and decided to order that. I had seen this card on Youtube and really liked it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oPdQ8iMRzs&t=227s

Thought it would make a nice birthday card or other card you could put together quickly yet it is simple enough to do. Thanks to Liz Y. for putting her video together and sharing her card. After work today I had to make a quick get well card to mail out and thought of her card. . . but for me? It was an uphill battle....

Will say I did use all the ink colours she suggests but my card is a regular sized card. Liz made a 4 x 4 card for her sample on her video. I took out the stamp set and all my inks and put them in the same order she uses in her video.... Inked, stamped, cleaned, and continued until all colours were on my card.... but uphill it went... :0(


Decided the only way to stamp it straight would be the Stamp A Ma Jig.... dragged that out and it was just what I needed -- probably being in a hurry did not help either --- but here is my second attempt at her card:


I tried to use all the colours Liz used on her card as far as card stock goes.  My "Get Well Soon" stamp is a wood mount stamp by Stampin Up in 1992 that I had in my stash. I used the chevron black and white washi tape for the card front. Used a M Stewart multi heart punch for the pink glittered heart. This card is for a little girl so I hope she likes it. Thanks to Liz for sharing her idea and card on her video. TFL

No comments: