Sunday, March 4, 2018

Egg and Ovals Bunny Revisited . . .


Just used my Easter Bunny Egg and Ovals Bunny pattern to make another version of a Tootsie Pop holder for Easter for this year. This time I used the Stampin Up Scalloped Tag Topper punch for the top of my holder:


For my holder I used Stampin Up Bashful Blue card stock. Cut that 2" wide by 8 1/2" long. With the long side at the top of the score board I scored this piece at 3 3/4" and again at 4 3/4". Used a bone folder to crease these scored lines. Opened it up and used the Stampin Up Scalloped Tag Topper punch (any of the tag topper punches would work) and I punched each end of the holder piece - one at a time.

With this piece punched I used the Stampin Up Basket Bunch stamp set to stamp the egg border stamp on the front of my holder using Stampin Up Bashful Blue ink. I wanted a softer stamped image so I inked the stamp, stamped off, and then stamped it on the front holder piece. Here is a photo to show the stamped eggs:


To make the bunny -- I used the Spellbinders Egg die set and cut out an egg from scrap white card stock. Used an oval punch for the two ears and a small oval punch from Marvy for the feet. Using Stampin Up Going Gray ink I sponged the edges of all pieces. Used a small circle punch for the pink pads on the bunny feet and a Marvy heart punch for the nose. Put the bunny together using glue dots. Used a fine black marker for the eyes and mouth. Used a pink marker for the toes.

With stamping done on the front of the holder I  held the holder closed and used a small circle punch to make the two holes for my twine. Opened the holder and put in the Tootsie Pop which has a glue dot on the top of it to hold it inside the holder. Used two glue dots on the upper corners of the holder to hold it closed. Tied my blue and white twine around the Tootsie Pop stick and trimmed the ends of that off:


Put the bunny on the front of the holder using glue dots. Easy Tootsie Pop holder to put together and it is free standing so it makes fun holiday table place markers and such.



1 comment:

Lora said...

So very cute, Just in time for a new Great Grand child.

Thank you for sharing this pattern.