Monday, March 12, 2018

Eclectic Birthday Card


When I bought the Stamparatus from Stampin Up I qualified for a free stamp set during their Sale A Bration ongoing special so I bought their Eclectic Expressions stamp set. Made this first card using this new set:


Needed a quick birthday card and this stamp set is still out on my work island so this is the set I used. I had seen this card made by Dawn Griffith on Youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUmfrvr9kII&t=70s

So here is my card following Dawn's video and instruction:


I used Stampin Up Rose Romance and Early Expresso for my inks. I did everything Dawn instructed except I did not stamp across the top and the bottom of my pink card base. I also did not have the "celebrate" die set she used so I used a Spellbinder die set for my die cut "celebrate" words. I cut out a pink word and a brown word and used glue to put them together. As Dawn did I also put clear Wink of Stella over my pink lettering:


Thanks to Dawn for sharing her fun card -- I love this stamp set -- thinking it will get used often like the Stampin Up Gorgeous Grunge stamp set I have in the craft room. Two cute cards, totally different, but using the same stamp set.  TFL

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Love your cards Candee, they are so pretty and CAS. I love Dawn and her video's but I think I love your card better than her's. Hugs, Brenda

Candee said...

Thanks Brenda for the kind comments on the CAS card by Dawn Griffith. This stamp set is a keeper and am sure I will be using it often!! Second to Gorgeous Grunge! ;0) Thanks also for your blog visit! Candee P