Saturday, September 15, 2018

Sparkly Spider Web Card


Used the Spellbinders Spider Web Card Front die for this Halloween card:


Card stock base is black card stock from Paper Trey Ink. Cut and scored the card stock at the top. Set that aside. Cut a piece of water colour card stock from Strathmore at Mikes to the size I would need to fit behind the Spellbinders Spider Web card front die. Using various distress inks I put the ink onto the water colour card stock. When the inks were done I sponged the edges with black ink.

Die cut the web card front die from silver glittered card stock. Cut out a black web card front using black card stock from Mikes. Set these aside. Using Perfect Pearls Shimmer Mist I spritzed my distressed inks piece to add shimmer to that. Set that aside to dry.

For the black glittered spider - I used a spider punch from M Stewart and punched it out of black glittered card stock and also punched him out of silver glittered card stock. Using a tiny circle punch I punched out two green glittered circles for my spider eyes. Since the card stock for the spider is glittered I used a toothpick to add rubber cement to the eye circles to put them on the spider. I also used the rubber cement to put the black spider over the silver spider - off setting it a little. Set this aside to set:


Using Aleene's clear Tacky glue and a fine paint brush I put glue on the back of the black web piece. Put this over the silver web piece - again off setting it a bit. Again used the paint brush and added glue to the back of the silver web piece and put this onto the distressed inks card front piece.

Using an "EEK" die from the stash I cut that out of green glittered card stock - also cut it out of a piece of thin card board from a kleenex box to put behind the green "EEK" word. Used liquid glue to put the words together. The card board behind the word gives it shape and also raises it up on the card front for dimension. Used red sticky tape to put the "EEK" on the card front. Used glue dots to put the sequins (from the dollar store crafts aisle) on the card front:


For the spider -- I used pop dots to put him on the web but I did not want to see the white pop dots from the side of the card so I used a black Sharpie marker to colour the sides of the pop dot black. This way no white is visible under him. (Should probably just buy black pop dots.... haha)

Here is a photo to show the shimmer and shine on the card front that the Shimmer Mist added to the card:


Love this spider web die from Spellbinders because the web is not all even and 'tidy' like most spider web dies are. Fun card to put together -- especially since I was not sure how it would all turn out. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love that you used the sparkly paper for this!