Friday, September 28, 2018

Autumn Tissue Card


Loll Thompson shows the how to for the Embossed Tissue Technique card on YouTube and in the past I have made other cards using this technique. Here is a Christmas card I made following the how to's for this technique:


Wanted to make a fall card using this technique so I cut two pieces of white/GP card stock larger than what I needed. Set those aside. Cut two pieces of white tissue paper - from the dollar store - a bit larger than my two white pieces. Using three Stampin Up ink pads I put ink onto my craft mat next to each other. Used a fine mister and misted water onto the the inks. Using a palette knife I blended the water and inks together. With that done I laid my white tissue pieces into the inks with the shiny side of my tissue paper down onto the inks.

Carefully pulled this off the craft mat and put it on a cookie rack to dry. Wiped off the craft mat, reapplied my inks, misted them and laid my second tissue into the inks. Put this on the cookie rack to dry while I cleaned off the craft mat. The tissue is thin and does not take long to dry. Once my two pieces were dry I crumpled them up in my hands and this gives the tissue pieces dimension.

Used TomBow glue and covered one of the white/GP pieces with that. Carefully opened one tissue and laid it onto the white/GP piece. Gently pressed the flattened tissue onto the white piece but was careful to leave crinkles and wrinkles on the tissue. Did this with both white pieces and let these dry. Here is a photo of one of the tissue pieces glued to the white/GP piece and dry:


With these pieces being used for Autumn in the fall colours I wanted to use gold embossing powder on the tissue pieces.  I used a Stamping Buddy all over the tissue piece and then rubbed the VersaMark ink pad over the crinkles on the tissue pieces with a light touch so that the VersaMark was not smeared all over the background of this piece. With that done I covered the tissue piece with gold embossing powder and heat set that --- but I thought the gold was too dark and made the piece look "flat" and not the look I wanted:


Off to Plan B -- for the second piece I did everything in the same order but for my embossing powder on this piece I used the Jeweled Gold embossing powder by Stampendous and here is a photo to show the sparkle and shine this embossing powder gave the tissue piece:


Here is the finished card:


IRL this embossing powder adds a lot to this fun technique. I used a stitched rectangle die to cut out a white frame for my tissue piece. Laid the frame over the tissue piece and used scissors to cut my tissue piece to size. Used red sticky tape to add the frame over the tissue piece. Cut a piece of white craft foam to put the framed piece on. The card stock base is green and scored at the top. Used white/GP for the stamped white card front. "autumn" is a stamp by Hero Arts.

For the two glittered leaves I used a leaf border punch from EK Success and punched out scrap glittered card stock. Used the ATG and put the stamped white piece onto the green card stock base. Used double sided tape and put the framed tissue piece on the stamped card front. Used glue dots to add my two glittered leaves to the lower left corner of the frame.

This is an easy technique and if you plan in advance one of your tissue pieces can give you two pieces for card fronts. The glittered gold embossing powder definitely makes the card front and brings out all the fall colours on the tissue.  TFL

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love the autumn colors and the sparkly gold embossing! A beautiful fall card, Candee!

Brenda said...

Beautiful cards Candee! I do love Loll's video's, she is a such a great teacher. I haven't tried this technique yet but hope to sometime soon. Especially since I saw your autumn cards! I love the one with just the gold on it, but I really love the one that sparkles! Just like the sun! Hugs, Brenda