Sunday, September 16, 2018
Tomb It May Concern... Card
For this card I used Taylored Expressions stamps and a die set -- One stamp set is Tomb Sweet Tomb, die is Tombstone Trio, and their Bare Trees Background stamp was used:
Wanted to keep this card monochromatic so it is on a black card stock base from Paper Trey Ink, cut and scored at the top. Used gray card stock from Stampin Up for the die cut tombstones and the gray piece for the card front. The stamped card front is white/GP.
Using a large Post It note I punched out a 1 3/4" circle punch and put that sticky note onto the white/GP piece which was cut larger than what I needed for the card front. With the sticky note in place I used gray ink to sponge the clouds background onto the white piece. On the lower part of the white card front piece I lightly sponged gray ink over the white so it was not so stark. Once this piece was done I used the Stamparatus and stamped the trees background stamp onto the clouds white piece. ColorBox black ink was used for the trees background stamp.
With this piece sponged and stamped I trimmed it to the size I wanted for my card front. Sponged the edges of this piece using black ink. For the moon I peeled off the sticky note and used a yellow and an orange ink to add ink to that. Once finished I used the ATG and put the stamped card front piece onto the gray card stock piece and then put them onto the black card stock base. Here is a photo of the moon:
Using scrap gray card stock I die cut the tombstones - then used a marker and inked the stamps I wanted to use on the tombstones. With those stamped I used a fine gray marker to add lines to the tombstones so they do not look so plain. I also die cut another set of the tombstones from gray card stock to put behind the stamped ones I had first done. Using Stick It sheet I put the stamped tombstone on the plain tombstones. This second layer makes them more sturdy -- especially the one with the small cross at the top. Used gray ink and sponged the edges of the tombstones to give them an older look. Here is a photo to show the stamping and drawn lines on the tombstones:
For the two tombstones in the front I used pop dots to put them on the card for dimension. The middle tombstone was put onto the card using the ATG. Added black glittered bats to the card that I used an EK Success punch for. Put the bats on the card front using liquid glue. For the ghosts I used glue dots. Wanted to keep those flat on the card front so the tombstones with the pop dots look like they are in the foreground.
Fun stamps and die set from Taylored Expressions.... BOO to You!