Thursday, January 2, 2020

Christmas Thank You Card


This is a photo of one of the thank you cards I made for Christmas:


Card stock base is red card stock cut and scored at the top. For the snowflake embossed white card front I wanted the embossing to be a soft embossing so I put two pieces of white card stock in the snowflake embossing folder and embossed that. Used the second piece for my card front as that is the lighter embossed pattern. Put this embossed piece on the red card stock base using the ATG.

For the "thankful" I used a die from the stash and cut that out using red foil card stock. Then I cut it out again using a scrap piece of white card stock covered with Stick-It sheet. With the two word die cuts I removed the Stick-It sheet to adhere the two pieces together. Set that aside. Embossed "for you" onto black card stock and used the trimmer to cut that to the size I wanted. For the snowflake I die cut that using glittered silver card stock. Again used a scrap piece of white card stock and covered that with Stick-It sheet and cut out another snowflake. Peeled the Stick-It sheet off the white snowflake and put it behind the silver snowflake. This makes the detailed die cut snowflake piece more sturdy.

I put the snowflake on the card front using glue dots. Used a glue pen to add the "thankful" and I used tear and tape to add the "for you".  Used Glossy Accents to add the mirrored mini sequins to the card front. Here is a better photo to show the embossing, the red foil card stock, and the sparkle on the silver snowflake piece:


This card front has a lot of sparkle and shine IRL but the camera did not capture that well. Easy card to put together.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I love that sparkly snowflake with the red center! The subtle embossed snowflakes are a perfect background. It's so hard to catch sparkle with a camera!