Sunday, January 26, 2020

Valentine Treat Holders for 2020


This post shows some of the Valentine Treat Holders I have been working on. In the last few months I have rearranged the craft room and with that comes reorganizing items so the room works better for me. I had decided then that buying any card stock was not necessary for any reason and so I wanted to use card stocks I have on hand . . . as well as dies, ribbons, trims, bling, etc..

For my Valentine treat holders I wanted to use a 6x6 paper pad I had picked up at Hobby Lobby last year with holiday prints. Here is a photo of the paper pad:


First treat holder I made was for Hershey Chocolate kiss candies. I used printed card stocks, a label punch, and clear window sheets for the "window":


Each of the holders holds 4 kisses. To decorate the outside of the holder I used a small heart die from the stash and cut a heart out of adhesive red glitter foam sheet. Peeled the backing off of it and adhered it to the left front of the holder. The small heart on the right side I used glittered red card stock and small heart punch to punch that out. Put that on the holder using a glue dot. Red bow is ribbon from the stash. Here is a better photo of one of these treat holders:


I have made these in the past and I believe I found a video on YouTube for the how-to's for that holder.

Since I had used a label punch to make the window on the first holder I had all these label pieces when the treat holders were done. Decided I would add them to this next treat holder:


This treat holder is from Bianca at:

  www.thestampinb.com/2018/10/halloween-hershey-nugget-holder.html

This holder holds four Hershey Nugget candies:


I used solid card stocks for the box/lid piece and prints to decorate the top**. Also used the label pieces from the first treat holder for the top of the box. Used cream CTMH card stock for the oval piece and stamped a holiday greeting on that. Put this greeting/label piece on the box top using foam dots for dimension. Also, as she suggested, I loosely tied the red ribbon so it can slide off for access to the candies in the box without having to untie the ribbon. Added a red heart crystal bling to the label piece for some sparkle. Thanks to Bianca for sharing her very easy project! (** The first box/lid I made I used the scoreboard from M. Stewart and the box was a little wonky and did not easily stayed closed. Decided to switch to my Scor-Pal scoreboard and all the box/lids using that board have a good shape and they stay closed without having to use glue dots or anything).

This next project - long ago I had seen a photo of this Ferrero Rocher treat holder on Pinterest but no pattern.

Here is my version of that treat holder:


I used the base box pattern from Cindy Elam on her blog:

www.heartsdelightcards.com/2018/10/ferrero-rocher-treat-box-tutorial.html

I have used her pattern a few times for bases for the Ferrero-Rocher candies. This time I used solid card stock for the base piece and again clear window sheets for the dome pieces.  I cut the clear window sheet to the width of the base piece and cut it to the size I wanted to fit over the candy. I did not want it to be too high that the candy would fall out. I used tear and tape to put the clear sheet on the card stock base once the candy was in place. I used washi tape to wrap around the base piece and that not only decorates it but it also helps to hold the clear dome piece in place. Here is a side photo that may help to show the dome over the candy in this holder:


To the top front of the Ferrero-Rocher holder I added a red glittered card stock heart to add some sparkle. For this next holder I wanted it to hold a Tootsie Pop and here is a photo of a few of those I have made:


And from the side you can see this holder could hold a larger lollipop if you used a larger one:


My pattern is: 2 x 7 1/4 piece of solid card stock. Score with the long side at the top of the scoreboard at: 2 1/2, 4, and 6 1/2. If you want to add printed card stock to the front as I did you would cut that to the size you wanted and add it to the holder while it is flat. With that in place I used a bone folder to crease all scored lines. Added washi tape to the front flap piece at the top. Used a 1/4 inch circle punch to punch a half circle at the top of the holder for the lollipop stick to go through. Easy lollipop holder to put together -- also helps to use up some of the small print pieces left from other holiday projects.

This next treat holder holds 3 Ghirardelli candies:


And opened to show the candies:


Added a heart brad from the stash to the front of this treat holder. (That holder was made using a box die from my stash). For these holders I used solid card stocks for the box and added printed card stocks to the flap pieces. Used washi tape from my stash on the front of the boxes:


For this next lollipop holder I found these heart shaped lollipops at Walgreens and I made a holder for them using the Scalloped Envelope die and paper doilies from my stash:


This next holder I wanted to use the triple tag topper punch I had recently picked up at Hobby Lobby when their punches were 50% off.  I had bought a bag of the Dove dark chocolate candy and they are heart shaped. Since the Dove chocolates are solid chocolate the candies are heavy. I needed to make a holder that could hold that weight without bending or ripping. To decide how to do this I laid out four candies and measured the length and then added a bit more for the tag top and to be able to have space to add a holiday decoration. Here is a photo of those treat holders:


Again I used a solid card stock for the holder. Covered it with a printed holiday card stock from the 6x6 card stock pad from Hobby Lobby. To give this piece more stability I cut out a piece of cardboard that was on the back of a 12x12 paper pack. Using the ATG I put this white cardboard piece behind the tag piece I had made - it is hard to see but in this photo you see the front of the treat holder and next to it is another treat holder turned over to show the white cardboard backing piece:


Since those candies are heavy I used a large glue dot to put them on the printed side of the treat holder. I put them inside pretzel bags from the candy supply aisle at the craft store and tied the bags closed using silver twine tied in a bow. Another easy treat holder to make.

Glad my treat holders are made and am now working the fronts to the bags these will go in.  I will post those photos when done.  Thanks to the other crafters that shared their ideas for treat holders and the how-to's for them! Happy I was able to make all of these treat holders without having to buy more supplies -- glad I was able to use more of my card stocks, dies, bling, and esp washi tape. No sense in having these items if they do not get used.  TFL





No comments: