Sunday, January 5, 2020

Embossed Thank You Card


First all photos have a dark spot on them due to something on the camera lens which has since been cleaned off. :0)

Made another Thank You card and for this card I wanted to use a background stamp with heat embossing. Here is the card:


The card stock base is a soft yellow card stock cut and scored at the side. For the embossed card front I used a piece of Mixed Media paper from Strathmore from Mikes. The background stamp I used I bought last year at a used stamp sale and it is the Floral stamp from Stampin Up. I inked it with Versa Mark ink and used white embossing powder from Stampendous to heat emboss it. Since the paper is thick I embossed it from the back and then the front until it was all embossed.

To add colour I used make up brushes for the distress inks - Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, and Abandoned Coral. I used the darkest ink first and then added the others where I wanted lighter areas. With that done I set that aside.

For the "Thank You" I used a die from my stash and cut it out of gold foil poster board from the dollar store. I also cut out a piece of card board covered in Stick-It sheet using the "Thank You" die. I peeled off the Stick-It sheet and put this behind the gold foil piece. This gives the words piece some height for dimension:


For the embossed piece I rubbed the excess inks off using a microfiber cloth from Walmart. Here is a photo of this piece before I did that:


Trimmed this to the size I wanted for the card front. Before adhering this to the card base I ran thin gold thread on the left side of the card front piece. Adhered this to the card stock base using the ATG. Used Glossy Accents and added some of the mirrored sequins here and there for some sparkle and shine on the card.

The inked embossed piece has a lot of dimension IRL but the camera did not really capture that. I like using the Mixed Media paper for the embossed piece when you add inks the paper takes the colour well and it helps the stamped design to show more of the stamped detail.

No comments: