Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Gnome for the holiday cards


Here are photos of some of the holiday cards I made for this year using the Gnome die from Simon Says Stamp:





There were other colour combinations but I did not take photos of all the cards. All the card bases were cut and scored at the top. For the white stenciled background I used a snowflake stencil from Pretty Pink Posh on my Make Art Stay-tion mat and used a light gray ink for that. Cut it to the size I needed for the card front.

Used a stitched circle die from Pink & Main for the circle of printed card stocks. The snowflakes were punched out of glittered white card stock using M Stewart punches. For the gnomes that die set is two pieces - the solid back piece and the other die cuts the other pieces - hat, beard, robe, nose. I cut the back pieces using #110 weight white card stock from Mikes. For the gnomes I used scrap card stocks since all the pieces are small. For the hats for some of the gnomes I stamped them with checked stamps or I used dotted/printed card stocks. Sponged the edges of the beards and the noses. He is so easy to put together - added a pom pom to his hat using Glossy Accents.

The greeting "Merriest Wishes" is from MFT and I used the 14 pc die set from Pink & Main I bought on sale during their Black Friday sale to cut it out. The banner die set has a very small banner die up to a much larger die and well worth the money -- happy I added that to the collection. For the greeting banner I used foam tape behind it to give it dimension. Before I mailed these out I added mirrored sequins to the card fronts for some sparkle and shine. Cute gnome die and a fun card to put together.  Here is a photo of the Sentiment Strip Die set from Pink & Main:


4 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

These are so cute and I love that gnome die. The set from Pink and Main for sentiments is awesome.

Bonnie said...

I have been enjoying my gnome card and happily, Santa, brought me one of those dies! Happy New Year, my friend!

Gay Ferland said...

Adorable card!!!! Where did you get the gnome stamp?

Candee said...

Hi Gay - the Gnome is the large Gnome die from SimonSaysStamp.com. They sell a large, a small, and also a girl Gnome die so you have a choice for which one you would want. Thanks for your blog visit and kind comment! Candee P