Saturday, July 11, 2020

BOO Shakers


Not much time in the craft room lately but I am working on embellishments for the holidays ahead. This project is for BOO Day (Halloween) and I am happy they went together well and I was able to use some scrap card stocks. Here is a photo of the dies I used:


The Circle Tag die set on the left is from Close To My Heart.  The circle die set on the right is the Nicole brand from ACMoore. I put the two largest dies together when die cutting using washi tape:


Here are the shakers I made:



I used a lot of my Halloween punches and dies to decorate the tag shakers. For all the shakers I used printed card stocks from the stash and I made bows using a small bow die from Fun Stampers Journey. All sequins/gems/twine are from the stash.

For the tag shakers I used #110 weight black card stock from Mikes. I cut out the round tag and that was the base of the shaker. For the inside back piece of printed card stock I used a 2 inch circle punch and punched out a circle. Used the ATG to put the printed card stock on the full black circle base. With that on the tag base I put the two dies together and I cut out 5 pieces. I stacked those together using Scotch quick dry glue. I also cut out a glittered card stock circle with the two dies together and that gave me the frame piece on the front of the shakers.

For the fronts of the shakers I used clear packaging from craft products I have bought in the past.  I used a circle die to cut out the clear packaging circles. I put the glittered card stock circle frame on the clear packing circles using Glossy Accents. Once the stacked black circles and the framed front pieces were dried I filled the shakers with sequins and glitter and small die cut pieces or punched pieces. Used Glossy Accents to put the fronts on the shaker tags. Set these aside to dry.

Used various card stock prints and die cut out a small bow for each shaker. Used Glossy Accents to put the bow at the top of the shaker tag and I added crystals from the stash to the center of the bows. For some of the shakers I put punched pieces or die cut pieces on the clear shaker tag fronts:


For this ghost shaker I used the ghost die set from Impression Obsession and die cut the ghosts. I put two of the smaller ghosts inside the shaker with the sequin/shaker mix. I also put a ghost on the clear circle front as well as on the glittered card stock circle frame. Using various stamps I stamped holiday greetings on scrap white card stock and cut them out using banner dies. I sponged the edges of the greetings using CTMH black ink and a dauber. Tucked the greetings under the bows at the top of the shakers. Added a piece of twine so these can be added to bag fronts for the treat holders for Halloween.


For the bats I used an EK Success multi bat punch and punched out the small bats from black foil card stock. I put them inside the shaker with the sequins. The glittered back on the front of the shaker was made using the bat punch from M Stewart.


For this spider shaker I used a small bug punch from the old dollar bin at Mikes and punched out bugs from glittered card stocks. I put some of the punched spiders inside the shaker with the sequin and glitter mix.  I added a small bug to the front of the shaker tag as well as adding a large spider I used an EK Success punch for. All the shakers are in a clear box ready to be added to other Halloween projects:


1 comment:

Brenda said...

These are super cute Candee! You do make the best embellishments! Hugs, Brenda