Saturday, July 25, 2020

Scarecrow Embellishments


Had seen a video on YouTube awhile back featuring a scarecrow die and had to order the die set to make this him since he is so cute:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dUlGi7A

I believe it was on a video by Craft Eccentricity about a month ago. She had used this die for a card with "thankful" below him.

AliExpress dies do not come with packaging showing what the die will look like once it is cut out and put together so when I get an Ali die I always cut it out right away so I can see what I am looking at. I keep this sample with the die set for future use. When I first got this die set I put the scarecrow together using scraps:



Here is a photo of this 11 piece die set:



I had not ordered anything off AliExpress in almost a year and I remembered that it usually took 3 weeks or so until the item would arrive. With everything going on now I thought it could be closer to 5-6 weeks but I am happy to say it was just over three weeks before I received this little guy. . . Face pieces - nose, cheeks, and eyes are easy to place because as the face die cuts out the face piece it also embosses it so you have perfect placement for them. Here is a photo of a die cut face piece to show this:



And of course not leaving well enough alone... I made a second scarecrow and this time I sponged the edges of the scarecrow face and the scalloped piece I added under his chin:



For that scalloped piece I used an EK Success 1 /34" scalloped square punch to make the scalloped piece under his chin. I punched out the square and used scissors to cut it to the size I wanted to use and I sponged the edges of that and then adhered it to the scarecrow piece. Here is a photo of the scallop piece after it was cut apart:



Used a circle punch for his scarf. For the center of the sunflower I used flocked card stock - I think it adds dimension to the flower. . . And of course not leaving well enough alone:



For this third scarecrow I sponged the edges of the hat, the face, the scalloped piece and for that scallop I used a smaller scallop punch. I also sponged the cheek circles as well as the nose and the sunflowers.. For all my scarecrows I used black crystals for the eyes - those small black crystals were from AC Moore before they closed. . I like the last option with everything being sponged. I also used scraps for all the scarecrows and that is always a good thing -- less scraps in the craft room!!! Easy project to put together and another good use for scraps - both solid and printed card stocks. He will make a fun embellishment for Fall projects!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Adorable!

bobbi said...

My Scarecrow die from Aliexpress came in the mail today. Yaaay!!! I can't wait to play with it. Thanks so much for showing it. Have a great day...Bobbi.

Candee said...

Hi Bobbi - Glad your Scarecrow die came from AliExpress. It is a cute die and a good size. He has a happy face and fun details. This die cuts both the thicker and thinner card stocks well so an easy die to assemble. Enjoy it and Happy Fall! Thanks for your blog visit! Candee P