Sunday, July 19, 2020

Rest of the BOO Tags


Finished up the rest of the Beware BOO Tags and thought I would share the photos:






A few years back I was in a Walgreens store when the clerk was replacing the shelf strips in the candy aisle - this was at Halloween time so I asked her what they did with the strips she was removing? She told me they throw them away as each holiday/season they get in different patterns. I asked her if I could have them and she gave me a huge amount -- large enough that I was able to share them with my PIC (stamping Partner In Crime).  With my Halloween projects every year I try to use some of these free shelf strips for some of my projects. This year I used them on these Beware BOO Tags:


On the left tag I used the shelf strip for my rosette using the Sizzix Rosettes die. For the tag on the right I used it for the top banner piece under the green rosette. Perfect spider web print for Halloween for sure.  These tags helped to use up a lot of the holiday prints I had in the stash so that is always a good thing. Moving onto Christmas projects this week I hope.... Time will tell....

2 comments:

Linda Matthews said...

I tracked that skull and bones punch down on eBay and bought it today. Thank you for the enabling. :)

Candee said...

Ha ha -- Good for you Linda that you found the punch on Ebay! I looked there first and I could not find one but happy I found it on Etsy. After I looked all over for it as a die I was happy I stumbled across a crafter that said it was an EK Success punch!. Nice size punched piece too. Happy you found one!! Thanks for your nice comments and for visiting my blog! Candee P