Sunday, November 6, 2016

Gobble, Gobble Treat Holders


Took a holiday card class from Bonnie Klass yesterday so I took her some of the treat holders I am making for Turkey Day -- Thanksgiving:


Stampin Up Curvy Keepsake die was used for this little Scarecrow treat holder. This treat holder holds four of the Ghirardelli candies:

Then took the treat box I just made and filled with candy by Brachs:


Then made a treat holder using the SU Fry Box die made into a pilgrim treat holder:


And two treat holders made using the Popcorn die from SU:


And a berry box:


To make the berry box I used the SU Berry Box die and cut out two die cut pieces using SU Crumb Cake. Once they were cut out I used an embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts to emboss the sides of the basket die cut pieces only:


Sponged the edges using SU Crumb Cake ink. Used a printed card stock from Hobby Lobby and cut out two basket die cut pieces. Used the trimmer to trim these above the scored lines for the basket lining. Put the printed card stock onto the basket pieces using the ATG:


Cream card stock was used to cut out a doily using the Cheery Lynn doily die. Sponged the edges of this with Crumb Cake ink. Used the trimmer to cut the doily to the size I needed for two sides of my basket piece:


Put the doily pieces onto the basket sides using tear and tape:


Clipped off the edges I did not need on the doily pieces using scissors:


Put the basket together using tear and tape and added bows made using the SU Bow Builder punch:


Added a brown crystal to the center of the bow for sparkle. Handle is on the basket using two brads. Filled the basket with brown paper shred from the dollar store and various candies.

Since Bonnie Klass sells Stampin Up products I tried to use as many SU products for her treat holders that I could. Sweet treats for a sweet teacher!!!  TFL

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Totally delightful treats & I'm sure BK was just thrilled at having these. I'm so glad you enjoyed her classes...she's a talented & very sweet lady. Envious that I'm too far away to join ya'll for the fun. The ornament tags are beautiful.