Sunday, November 20, 2016

Let It Snow ... Man Tag

*** This tag was chosen as one of the Favorites of the Week on Splitcoast Stampers. A HUGE thank you to Pam Michaelis at morningstarstamps.com for her inspiration and her GREAT stamps!!

Here is another tag I made for Christmas. This tag is inspired by Pam Michaelis at her website/store  www.morningstarstamps.com.  I came across her and her great stamps at her wonderful booth at a stamp show I attended long ago. She has a great selection of stamps and wonderful projects on her website. For the Snowman tag I used her small Snowman Face stamp and I followed her layout. I did not have the hat stamp she used so I used what I have on hand. I have both the small and the large Snowman Face stamps she sells and I use these two stamps all the time for holidays and holiday projects. Great stamps for sure. Here is my version of her tag:


First to make this tag I used the Circles Collection die set from Stampin Up. For the white circle I used white/GP card stock and the third largest die in that set. For the red circle I used card stock from Mikes. Cut that red circle out using the next larger circle die in the set. Cut out both circles and set them aside.

Using two stamps for my "To" and "From" I stamped the back of the red circle while it was flat before I put my two circles together using black Memento ink:


With that stamped now I worked on the white circle. Following Pam's tag I stamped the small Snowman Face stamp offset to the left top of the circle using the black ink. For the placement of the ribbon I used a ruler and a light pencil line so my ribbon would be straight across the front of the circle below the face. I put red sticky tape on the back of the ribbon and then put the ribbon on the white circle even with the pencil line. Once in place I used scissors to clip the ends of the ribbon that was over the edge of the circle. Used the ATG and put the stamped white circle onto the red circle.

For my snowman hat I used black card stock from Mikes and the Stampin Up Round Tab punch. I cut a small piece of red glittered card stock for the band across the hat. Used scrap white glittered card stock and a snowflake border punch from M Stewart for the snowflake on his hat. Put the hat together using Scotch double sided tape and put that onto the edge of the white circle:


For the red and white twine I used a mini circle punch and punched a hole to run the twine through. Tied that off and used scissors to trim the ends of the twine. Also -- if you are buying twine for your holiday projects -- it is cheaper to buy the twine out of the bakery aisle at the craft store. (In the Wilton department). You get more yardage that way and using a coupon makes it even cheaper. They offer different colours as well.

As for the red circle -- I used red to go with my ribbon but blue or silver would also look good for a snowman. A BIG thanks to Pam not only for the great snowman face stamps but also for her too cute inspiration!!  :0)  TFL

No comments: