Thursday, November 3, 2016

Windowed Treat Holder


A friend of mine had told me about the online website:  www.wish.com.  They sell all different items and they also sell dies for card making/scrapbooking cheap.... they have different on going sales and once you sign up for their emails you will be notified when dies and such are on special.

For this treat holder I used a box die by Ncraft and after waiting a few weeks the die arrived today. Here is a photo of that die:


Here is the treat holder I just made:


For the holder I cut out two die pieces--front and back--using the Tangelo Twist card stock from Stampin Up. Once the pieces were cut out I used the Stampin Up Weathered background stamp with Tangelo Twist ink and stamped my box pieces.

For the window on the front and back of the holder I cut a small piece of clear sheet and put those over the windows on the inside of the box using red sticky tape. With the clear sheet pieces in place I used tear tape to put the box together. Once assembled I put white paper shred from the dollar store in the box. For the Brachs autumn candies I used a pretzel bag from the craft store and filled that with the candy assortment. Tied that bag shut using ribbon tied in a knot. Snipped off the top of the pretzel bag to the size I wanted. Put this bag into the box and tied that closed using thin orange ribbon tied in a bow.

For the "For You" greeting I used the Stampin Up stamp set A Round Array and stamped that onto scrap white card stock using Close to Cocoa ink. Used circle punches for that and a small scalloped punch for the brown piece behind the greeting. Put that onto the treat box using a large glue dot. Here is a photo to show the back of this holder:


This next photo shows this box next to a fry box made using the Stampin Up Fry Box die to show the size of this box:


This box is free standing and would be a nice table marker at the holiday table. Easy to put together and it holds a good amount of treats. TFL

No comments: