Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tri Tranquil Tulips Card


Just made some cards using my new Stampin Up Tranquil Tulips stamp set and wanted to make a card with different colour of tulips and here it is:


Card stock base is yellow card stock. Embossed a piece of white/GP using the Cuttlebug embossing folder Caramelo. (Used two sheets of that to emboss at the same time so my image is softer and the folder does not tear the card stock during embossing). Cut and scored the yellow card stock base with the scored line at the top of the card. Trimmed the white embossed piece and put that onto the card stock base using the ATG.

Decided I wanted to have a pink frame around my tulips so I cut that out using a stitched scallop frame die. Using a piece of white/GP larger than what I would need I stamped my imagine. Started with the three stem stamp and then stamped the tulips. Once those were stamped I stamped the leaf stamps. Then the stems and purple flowers at the sides of the tulips. Then stamped the black centers to the tulips using a Post It note so these are not so high.

Once all the stamping was done I laid the scalloped pink frame over the stamped piece and used a pencil to trace around the pink frame. Trimmed the excess off the tulip piece using a trimmer and used TomBow glue to put the pink frame piece over the stamped tulip piece. Wrapped pink and white twine around the bottom of the frame piece. Tied a bow on that.

For the greeting "hello" I used the Gina K Designs stamp set Simple Flowers. Stamped it onto scrap white/GP and cut that out using a banner die. Put this on the framed piece using mini glue dots. Added pop dots to the back of the frame piece and put it on the card front.

To add some sparkle to the card front I used clear Wink Of Stella on the black centers of the tulips:


Hardest part was deciding what colour tulips I wanted to put together. Easy two step stamp set to use since it is clear stamps and you can see where you are stamping. TFL

No comments: