Friday, June 30, 2017

4th of July Double Tote Treat Holder



Had picked up this Sizzix Thinlits die set on clearance and wanted to make a treat holder for the 4th of July with it:


There is a video on Youtube for assembling this double tote holder that I had seen so putting this little tote together went quickly. I used kraft card stock from Taylored Expressions for the tote with a gingham print from the stash. The white is GP.

To begin with I cut all the pieces I needed to make the double tote. In the video they used glue to put their holder together and for mine I used red sticky tape. Less mess and no drying time. With the tote put together I cut out the two gingham pieces for the front and back of the holder. Put those onto the holder using the ATG. Cut the tags out from scrap card stock using the tag die in this set. To the bottom of the white tag I added a small piece of the gingham printed card stock:


I used the "Stars & Stripes" stamp from a summer stamp set by PaperSweeties.com. It is a long stamp and to fit it on my tag I inked half of the stamp and stamped it onto the tag and then inked the other half of the stamp and stamped that on the tag below the first stamped image. Added stars to the tag using a stars border punch from M Stewart. Offset the tags using the ATG and put them onto the tote using red and white twine.

Used a scallop border die and cut out white/GP for that to put around the bottom of my tote. Wrapped that around the front and back of the holder. Added more of the blue stars to the front scallops on the holder using TomBow glue.  The "celebrate" is a die from the double tote set and I cut that out of the blue card stock and put that on the front of the holder. Used the small pinwheel die from Lil' Inker Designs and cut out a double sided card stock for the pinwheel. Used a red brad to hold the pinwheel together. Added glue dots to the back and put this on the front of the double tote treat holder. On one side of the tote I have miniature candy bars and the other side holds a Fun Sized candy bar and a miniature candy bar:


This is a photo looking down at this treat holder to show the paper shred and the candies inside:


A nice sized treat holder without being too big. It is also free standing so it will make a cute place marker at a table or for favors. TFL

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You have outdone yourself with 4th of July treat holders! Even more festive goodness!

Sandy said...

You sure are good Candy! You are also so lucky to know Bonnie - I love her work. I am a Carolina girl living in northern Florida. We retired her two years ago from the mountains of western North Carolina. My daughter lives in Raleigh.
Love your makes sugar!!
sandy xx