Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Stained Glass Butterfly Card No. 2


Another card using the Sue Wilson Stained Glass Butterfly die. Had seen this video on Youtube using this die but had none of the products used so I made this card with supplies on hand:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X3W66DT1gg

Very good video and she offers a lot of tips and how to's -- but I do not have anything on hand for the Pixied and Beaded Techniques. Using cheap watercolour paints that I have on hand here is my version of her card:


Used #110 black card stock from Mikes and cut and scored that on the side. Used the Sue Wilson Stained Glass Butterfly die and cut out the black die cut piece. Using Strathmore watercolour card stock I used cheap watercolour paints from Mikes.

Watercoloured a piece of Strathmore card stock larger than what I needed. Set it aside to dry over night. Using the Stick It sheets from Ken Oliver I put the die cut piece onto the dried watercolour piece:


As done in the video I punched out flowers from scrap card stock and for my top flower layers I used cheap colored vellum flowers from Mikes I had on hand. Used a black Sharpie marker to cover the center crystals in black. Added sprig pieces and a leave die cut piece behind the flowers:

 

Used a stitched frame die and cut out the white frame to go around the black die cut piece. On this card I put the butterfly body on the card and added three black crystals to the upper left corner to help balance out the flowers on the bottom right corner:


Easy card to put together -- only time that was long was waiting for the watercolour card stock to dry! Good video to watch for tips for this die -- thanks to Sue Wilson for such a nice design. TFL

No comments: