Sunday, November 12, 2017

Acorn Thanksgiving Cards



Happy me that my PIC (stamping partner in crime) bought a roll of corrugated card board on clearance at Mikes and I was lucky enough she gave me some! Knew I wanted to use it for Fall cards but then decided to use it on Thanksgiving cards instead.  The card on the left I cut the corrugated card board in one direction and for the card on the right I cut the corrugated card board in the other direction.

Card stock base for the cards is Stampin Up Cajun Craze card stock cut and scored at the top. Used Stampin Up Very Vanilla for the card fronts. Cut those to the size I needed for the card fronts. Using Stampin Up Crumb Cake ink I covered the Stampin Up Canvas background stamp. Laid the Very Vanilla card stock pieces on top of the inked stamp and pressed my hand onto that to transfer the inked canvas pattern to the cream card stock. Cut my corrugated card board to the sizes I needed and put them across the cream background piece using double sided tape.

For the greeting stamp "Happy Thanksgiving" I used a stamp from 1990 by Embossing Arts Co. and stamped that onto scrap Very Vanilla card stock using Cajun Craze ink. Trimmed my greeting piece to the size I wanted and used the Stampin Up banner punch for the one end. Put the greeting banner piece on top of the corrugated card board pieces using red sticky tape. Here is photo of the acorns for the card front and you can see the inked canvas pattern on the background piece as well:


For the acorns I used kraft card stock from Mikes (doubled up) and the plaid print is Authentique card stock I bought at Hobby Lobby. I used the acorn punch from Stampin Up and punched out the kraft card stock acorns and the plaid print acorns and put the tops on different bottoms to give the acorns some interest. Used a small bow punch for the bows at the top of the acorns and added a small brown crystal to the center of the bows. Acorns are on the card front using glue dots.

Here is a photo of the Northwoods Rubber Stamps greeting stamped for the inside of this card. I used a square punch and punched out a square from the plaid card stock. Cut that in half from corner to corner and put these corners on the greeting piece:


For the two leaves -- used the Stampin Up Seasonal Layers detailed leaf die to cut them out. One leaf is cut of bronze foil card stock from Mikes and the glittered bronze card stock is from Hobby Lobby. I tucked the leaves behind the corrugated card board piece and used a small glue dot behind the leaf pieces. TFL

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Love all the texture, Candee! The leaves and acorns are perfect for Thanksgiving cards!