Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC014


This card is nothing I had planned but am happy my mistake happened!! Haha... usually that is a reason to embellish but that would not have worked with this card -- here it is:


Card stock is on a Real Red card stock base from Stampin Up. Again the gold foil for the card front is from the dollar store. The cream card front is Very Vanilla from Stampin Up. A very light stamping on a separate piece of Very Vanilla card stock in Crumb Cake ink is a sheet music stamp from Gina K Designs.

Cut and scored the red card stock base with the scored line at the top. Cut a piece of the gold foil paper from the dollar store to the size I needed for the card front. Cut a piece of Very Vanilla for the card front. Lightly stamped the music sheet stamp from Gina K onto a second piece of Very Vanilla card stock and just as I was closing the door on the MISTI -- BAM! A sneeze and I dropped the door so the image is slightly crooked... hummmmmmm... what to do? Plan in action -- took the stamped image to the work table and using a ruler I marked the center of the stamped image as if it was straight and made a light pencil mark. Using the ruler I went from corner to that mark at the top and the bottom and marked it with lines for a triangle. Took it to the trimmer and trimmed it off and now I have a triangle that is stamped straight. Problem resolved..... Used the ATG and put the triangle on the Very Vanilla piece for the card front. Then put the Very Vanilla piece on the card stock base. Set it aside.

Using the Memory Box Cabrini Ornament die I cut out the ornament from gold foil card stock, then gold shimmer card stock, green foil card stock, and for the berries red flocked card stock. I used the Stick It sheets behind my pieces before I cut them out so it was easy to put this all together once I had the ornament ring in place on the card front. With that assembled I cut out "merry" from gold foil card stock from Hobby Lobby (again with the Stick It sheet on the back). I put the "merry" at the bottom of the ornament and going across the music sheet triangle. Added two small red crystals to the berries at the top of the ornament. 

Here is a photo to show the different colours and textures of the ornament:


Simple card but it has the holiday sparkle and shine. TFL

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You are on a roll, my friend! What a beautiful bunch of Christmas cards!

Jeanne H said...

Indeed, your Christmas cards a just lovely. Thanks too for the details on how you made them.

Candee said...

Thanks Bonnie and Jeanne for your nice comments on some of my Christmas cards. Still working on more but at least I have a start! ;0) Thanks ladies for your blog visit too! Happy Holidays! Candee P