Saturday, November 18, 2017

Thanksgiving Treat Holders


When I made my Thanksgiving cards this year I did all my die cutting and punching out acorns first for my assembly line card making:


Once all the parts were die cut or punched out and sponged I began the cards. With the cards finished I had some extra pieces left so I decided to use them on my Thanksgiving Treat Holders that I made using the Goodie Bag die from Lawn Fawn - here is a photo of some of the treat bags:


Here is a photo of one of the treat bags:


For these treat bags I used Kraft card stock from Taylored Expressions. Once I put the bags together I sponged the edges of the front of the bag using light brown ink. Again used corrugated card board at the bottom of the bag behind the greeting banner. Added two die cut leaves using a glue pen. Then put the punched acorn on top of the leaves. Added sequins using mini glue dots to the greeting banner and the front of the bag. These bags are free standing and would work well at a holiday table.

With all the products out in the craft room for my Thanksgiving crafting sometimes die pieces can get lost in the maze..... to be sure that does not happen I cut a small piece of magnetic sheet, (vent covers from Lowes home improvement stores), and I put that on the front of the cabinet above my die storage bins. I cut this magnetic sheet piece small so I do not get in the habit of putting all die pieces on it -- it is for "stray" dies or if I just grab one die piece out of a die set. This way when I use dies again from my die storage I can see I have a few pieces to put away first. Here is a photo of this sheet on the cabinet door -- I used double sided Scotch tape to put it on the door:


The leaf die is from the Seasonal die set from Stampin Up -- Sizzix makes their thin metal dies and all the Stampin Up die pieces have a product number on them so if I forgot which set the leaf die went with I could always check the product numbers on the die sets. I also keep my second magnet bar for my MISTI on this sheet.

** Packed some of the treat bags and decided they needed a 'little something' -- used a leaf die set I bought from Tessler Stamps at a stamp show and I cut the leaves out of bronze foil card stock. Put the die cut leaf on a mini clothespin from the stash and added a mini bow and a brown crystal. Now the top of the bag looks complete -- Here is a photo of some of the filled bags:


With a closer look at the clothespin/leaf:


Inside each bag is a three pack of Ferraro Rocher, Brach's Autumn Mix, two mini candy bars along with paper shred from the dollar store. Hoping everyone likes these small treat bags!

With all Thanksgiving cards and projects complete I will finish putting things away and getting ready for the big red and green holiday again --- CHRISTMAS!  TFL

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This design makes beautiful treat bags too! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

Brenda said...

These are so cute Candee! I love that bag, I can see using that a lot. Happy Thanksgiving!! Hugs, Brenda