Saturday, December 2, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC016


For this card I used the Sunny Studios stamp set Holiday Style and I bought the matching dies for it:


This card is on a card stock base of Stampin Up Real Red card stock. Black piece for the card front is Mikes and the white is GP. I used Lawn Fawn inks for the bell with Stampin Up and Gina K Designs red inks for the bow. The ornament hanger for the bell is metallic silver ink from Delicata. IRL it adds some shimmer on the branch but the camera did not really capture that. The greeting from the stamp set was stamped using Gina K red ink.

To begin with I cut and scored the red card base. Cut the black piece for the card front. Set these aside. I trimmed the white/GP piece to the size I needed and I used the MISTI and stamped the branch stamp using Stampin Up Old Olive ink. Used the MISTI for the greeting stamp and stamped that with red ink. Using scrap white/GP I stamped the bell stamps using two gray and one black inks from Lawn Fawn. Using the matching bell die I cut out the bell. Stamped the red bow onto scrap white/GP and cut that out using the bow die.

Using the ATG I put the stamped white/GP piece onto the black card front piece and then put these onto the red card stock base. With my bell and bow pieces die cut I put them on the card front. I wanted the bell to have some dimension on the card front but my pop dots made it too high. So instead I used large glue dots behind the bell and the bow and I double stacked the glue dots so the bell has some dimension but is not too high. Decided the card front needed some sparkle and shine so I added three of the sparkly sequins from Simon Says Stamp that I recently bought.  Here is a photo to try to show that:


Before this card I had never used Lawn Fawn inks -- I will say I heard they do stamp "splotchy" which I found to be true but once the ink 'set' or dried it looked nice. Very simple card but the bell is very realistic with the metal shine look the stamping of the layers gives it. TFL


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

The reflection in the bell is amazing!