Monday, December 4, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC020


For this card I had seen a video on YouTube by LeeAnn Greff using the Stampin Up Christmas Quilt bundle. Here is a link to her video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5rsJG-aH54&t=55s

This card is for a friend of mine that is an avid quilter and her favorite colour is red:


My card base is on #110 weight card stock from Mikes that is cut and scored at the top. I used one of the quilt dies in the bundle, as suggested in the video, and cut out the "window" on the card front. With that done I cut a piece of red and white dotted card stock from my stash to put across the bottom of the card front. Used a holiday greeting from the Stampin Up Christmas Pines stamp set for the card front. I stamped that with Real Red ink onto scrap white card stock and I used the banner punch for both ends of the greeting piece. Put that on the card front using pop dots.

Here is a photo to show this card standing up so you can see the quilt "window" cut out:


For the center of the quilt die cut "window" piece I used a small flower punch and punched out a flower from the red dotted card stock. Put that onto the center of the die cut quilt piece using a mini glue dot. Here is a photo of the inside of this card showing the quilted piece:


Below this pieced quilt piece I stamped a stamp again from the Stampin Up Christmas Pines stamp set in Real Red. Using the smaller floral die in the quilt bundle I cut out a piece of red card stock and put that in the center of the quilt piece using a glue dot.

This is an easy card to put together once you see the video. I put my pieced quilted piece for the inside of my card onto a piece of red card stock using the ATG. Then I put adhesive on the back of this piece but did not adhere it to the inside of the card. Instead to line the front of the card with my pieced quilted piece I used removable adhesive on the front of my pieced quilt piece. I opened the card and held it up putting the red pieced quilted piece behind the quilt "window" front of the card. I used my fingers to press the card front and quilted piece together. Then carefully closed the card flat so that the adhesive on the back of the pieced quilted piece would stick to the inside of the card. With that done I removed my removable adhesive from the front of the pieced quilted piece. This is a cute card IRL and the die cut "window" gives this card a lot of dimension when you stand the card up on the table. Thanks to LeeAnn for sharing her many ideas using this quilt bundle from Stampin Up!

1 comment:

MaryH said...

Love these quilt cards (do you check Gina Marie dies? She has some fab quilt dies, reasonably priced). I especially love the cutout window as you've done it, and of course the beautiful red & white. Thanks for including the video link. I'll check that out...when time allows. We're still dealing with 'stuff' at our house, but hopefully it soon will pass. (No losses, just health issues!) Loved your new island, and enjoyed the construction pictures too. W. is just amazing with his woodworking skills. You could put locking casters on the legs so you can move it to where you want, (Harbor Freight is where J. got some). He put on all the Ikea Alex cabs for me. TFS & Merry, Merry