Sunday, December 3, 2017

Christmas Card - ACC019


This is another eclipse card. Had seen the video on YouTube by Stampin Up Jill Olsen for the how-to's of the eclipse card technique and here is the link to that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUJZv5bx2zk&t=340s

I do not have the Stampin Up stamp set she used for her card (how did that happen?) so for my card I used the old stand by Lovely As A Tree stamp set. Here is my card:


My card stock base is white #110 weight card stock from Mikes. Cut and scored that. Stampin Up Night of Navy was trimmed to the size I needed for the card front. For the stamped white card front again I used the #110 weight white card stock. Trimmed that to the size I needed.

Using the Night of Navy ink from Stampin Up I stamped a tree stamp from the stamp set across the bottom of the card in various heights. Once that was stamped I covered the trees as Jill did with clear Wink of Stella. With that dried I die cut the NOEL letters using the Stampin Up large alphabet dies. With the letters cut out I then put the stamped card front, with the center to the letter "O", in the Stampin Up Softly Falling embossing folder and embossed that. Set this aside.

Using the ATG and a glue pen I covered the back of the embossed card front with adhesive and put this onto the Night of Navy card stock piece. Put these two pieces onto the white card stock base using the ATG.  Using foam tape I put the letters onto the card front  Tied silver twine at the top of the card. Here is a photo to show the shimmer of the Wink of Stella but it is hard to capture with the camera:


This photo shows the height of the letters showing the Night of Navy:


Thanks to Jill for her video and showing all the different cards she used this technique on. Here are the two cards I made using the Eclipse Techique and they look totally different due to how they are stamped and colours:




No comments: