Sunday, March 22, 2020

6x6 Easter


Working on Easter projects in the craft room and have enough projects finished to make a blog post. First I had made the wood block bunnies for Easter last year and I just finished a second set for this year:


I asked DH for any random scraps of wood he would have that I could use for the bunny family. He brought in a few pieces and he offered to sand them down for me so I could paint them. I painted them all with white acrylic craft paint from the craft store. I put two coats on each block. Once dried I added washi tapes to the bottom of the blocks. Used a 1/4" circle punch on scrap card stock and punched out two circles next to each other for the pattern/spacing for the eyes. Used a pencil to make the eye circles. Painted those using glossy black acrylic paint so they would have some shine. Used a dauber and light acrylic pink paint for the cheeks. The pink heart noses are small wooden hearts that I picked up on my last trip to AC Moore before they close. Painted those pink using the same pink for the cheeks. Used a ruler and a pencil for the mouth line behind the heart nose. Went over that line using a black sharpie.

For the ears I used a roll of light weight burlap from HobLob that I cut out using scissors and a pattern I drew onto copy paper. Cut the two ears out as one piece and tied the center using brown string twine. Used the pink acrylic pain to add the pink to the ears. Set the ears aside to dry. For the bows I used ribbon from HobLob (from the stash) and I trimmed that to size and made the three bows. Used a light weight wire wrapped around a pencil for the whiskers. Put a large glue dot in the center of the face cheeks and I pressed the wire whiskers into the glue dot. Used foam tape and hot glue to put the pink heart nose over the whiskers.  To add the ears to the bunny tops I used hot glue and also used that to add the bow by the ears:


Also used hot glue to add a cotton ball to the back of the bunny blocks:


For the treat holders - first I started with a bunny die that I picked up at the stamp show in Columbia, SC in February. It is from Amuse and here is a photo of this Hershey nugget holder from their display:


I made my bunny treat holder out of white/GP scrap card stock and I used a bunny face stamp from Jaded Blossoms:


Used a pink marker for the ears and for the bunny nose. Added a glittered pink bow that I used a bow punch from HobLob for. Wrapped the nugget candy in scrap printed card stock and used tear and tape to put the candy in the holder so it will stay in place. Easy holder to put together. Used a medium glue dot and added a small white pom pom to the back of the bunny holder for her tail.

Also - another 6x6 card stock treat holder:


"Pootles" on YouTube made a video years back for this chocolate egg treat holder but hers is quite long. I wanted to make a holder that only held 4 of the Hershey chocolate eggs so I used the 6x6 card stock. Trimmed it to 6 x 3 1/2. Scored it lengthwise at 3/4, 1 1/2, 2 1/4, and again at 3. Turn and score it at 3/4 and 5 1/4. Trimmed this piece with scissors and made two small circle punch holds for the twine to go through to close this box. Here is a photo of the pattern I made:


Used a punch for the window in this holder and I used clear plastic packaging for the "window" on the box so the candies could not fall out of -- I cut that piece of clear plastic using scissors and that measures 2 1/2 x 5/8. Put this on the inside of my treat holder using 1/8 tear and tape. Put the box together using 1/4 tear and tape and filled it up with four of the chocolate eggs. Used a small bunny die from my stash for the bunny on the box front. I had printed "Happy Easter" onto white/GP card stock on the computer and then die cut out the bunny:


Used a pink marker for the ears and used a small bow punch for the bow and that is a punch from HobLob. Easy box to put together using the pattern piece as a guide. Also nice that this treat holder is free standing as well.

This next treat holder holds a square Ghirardelli candy bar. I have not bought those yet but will for Easter treats. Here is my holder:


The white insert is what you adhere the candy to and you pull that out to get to the candy:


Used a butterfly punch from M Stewart and scrap printed card stock for that. Added a blue crystal to the butterfly and pinched the wings together. This idea is from a video by Dee Slater on YouTube. Thanks to her for sharing her idea for another treat holder for the Ghirardelli candies.

Hershey has Dark Chocolate Fun Sized candy bars so I bought a package of those and made a treat holder using the envelope punch board:


The white bunny on the front of this holder is from Lil Inker Designs. Used scraps of printed card stock to make the belly band for the treat holder. Used glittered yellow card stock for the bow on the bunny.

These baskets -- too cute and very easy to put together. I do not know who I had seen on YouTube make these baskets but she said she had seen this idea on a video by "MayMay Made It" on YouTube. So thanks to both ladies for their inspiration:


Very easy baskets to put together but finding this tassel trim at HobLob was no easy task. Earlier this year I went to three HobLob stores looking for this trim and finally decided to order it off their online store - they were offering free shipping at the time so that saved some $$. Again less than a 6x6 printed card stock made this basket. Used burlap for the handle and hot glue to add the tassel trim to the basket. For the pink flower on the front I had some organdy ribbon flowers in my stash so I hot glued one of those to the front of the basket:


These little baskets are perfect for a little chocolate treat or chocolate eggs or even a small chocolate bunny and peeps. Free standing and cute with the fringe trim.

Still working on other Easter items but for now these are some of the treat holders I have been working on.  Be safe, stay healthy, and keep crafting!  TFL

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Adorable Easter treat holders, as always, Candee! You be safe too.

Anonymous said...

Candee These treat holders are just too cute. I know the recipients appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is a hobby for you-gives you pleasure. I deeply appreciate your sharing. Hugs and smiles, Reva PS
thank you for keeping identity anonymous