Sunday, November 15, 2020

Thanksgiving Icons Card

 Had seen the Fall Icon die set from FranticStamper.com and when I saw it I knew I wanted to use it for my Thanksgiving cards this year.  Have a lot of their brand dies and they cut well with lighter card stocks, the heavier card stocks, as well as the mirrored (foiled) card stocks. Here is my card:

To start with my card stock base is kraft card stock which is cut and scored at the top. Used a pad of autumn card stock prints from Authentique for the prints and I had a partial pack of the speckled card stock that I used for the card front. I used the Tonic Studios/T Holtz Deckle Torn Edge trimmer for those two pieces. Once those were cut to size I sponged the edges with brown ink. 

For the "THANKFUL" greeting strip at the bottom of the card I used the FranticStamper die set Reverse Cut - Autumn Words and cut out my pieces from scraps. I used a pumpkin card stock and then a gold mirrored card stock and used the gold letters on the pumpkin strip. To hold the letters in place I used a piece of Scotch tape behind the strip piece. Here is a photo to show the two card stocks together:.

For the wreath - here is a photo of the die packaging that comes with the die set:

Always helps to have a photo of the die set so you know what pieces are for what or maybe for colours or a layout. Since I was making multiple cards I decided to die cut lots of pieces from different scraps I had on hand. I did not have golden card stock for my leaves but I had a darker yellow so I die cut that out instead.  With all my die cut pieces I began to sponge the edges of all the pieces. For the yellow leaves I left some not sponged and the others I sponged with orange ink to make them have the golden look fall leaves have. The small sunflower I die cut twice - once for the flower petals in yellow and then a dark brown for the center. Again used tape on the back of the flower piece to keep the brown circle in the center of the flowers. 

With all the die cut pieces I cut out the wreath die from kraft card stock - I wanted to layer the wreath with two layers so I doubled the amount of wreaths I would need. Each card has two wreath pieces that I put together using liquid glue. While those were set aside to dry I began to layout my pieces for the wreath. I wanted three pumpkins for the wreath so I used tear n tape and put two different leaves behind the pumpkins. Then for the sunflowers again I wanted three so I put two leaves behind each flower. I had spare leaves so I planned to use those but I also wanted to use the tiny acorns. I die cut those from kraft card stock and sponged the top with brown ink and the bottom with a pumpkin coloured ink. 

With all the die cut pieces cut and assembled I assembled the card. Used the ATG and put the plaid card stock onto the card base front then the speckled cream card front onto that. I laid the wreath onto the card front and laid out all the die cut pieces onto the wreath - a dry fit - I did not attach anything yet. I decided I needed to add some sparkle or shine to the wreath so I took out the clear Wink of Stella pen and put that over the brown circle in the flower and also the bottom only of the the acorns. The camera did not capture the sparkle but IRL you can see it:

Once I was happy with everything on the wreath I added tear and tape behind the pumpkin pieces and placed them on the wreath. Then I did this to the sunflower pieces. With those in place I turned the wreath over and put tear and tape on the backside and put the wreath in place on the card front. For "fillers" for spaces I used extra leaves with glue dots. I also used glue dots to add the acorns. Fun Fall wreath to assemble and a great way to use up scraps! Here is a photo of the two die sets from FranticStamper I used for this card:

Fun project to put together using scraps and my fall card stocks from Authentique. Both die sets cut all the card stocks I used including the mirrored card stock for the letters on the greeting strip piece. I esp like that the small leaves, pumpkin, and tiny acorns are all one die piece so that you will not misplace one on the work table .... or in the carpet.... Both fun die sets to have! 


No comments: