Sunday, November 1, 2020

Moving on but - -

 Moving on and finishing up the Thanksgiving cards I am making but wanted to post the BOO Day cards I made for this year. This first card uses printed card stock from a paper pad I bought on Amazon:

The card stock base is #110 weight black card stock and I used a piece of solid orange card stock for the card front. The holiday printed card stock is from the "Spooky Paper Collection" paper pad by Miss Kate Cuttables that is from a 12 x 12 paper pad of 16 papers. I had seen this on Amazon and I liked the holiday prints so I bought one pack. This card stock has a shiny finish to it so that helps the prints have more dimension. It has a good weight to it as well. 

The white ghost is an old Sizzix die and I cut him out of the white foil card stock I had picked up at AC Moore before they closed. I added a bow and a gem to the ghost. The "Trick of Treat" greeting was stamped onto scrap orange card stock and I punched that out using a label punch. I wanted to keep this card simple to have the printed paper be the feature on the front of the card. 

This next card I made for my PIC - stamping Partner In Crime. She and I go to all the stamp shows and stamp sales together throughout the year and we are hoping in 2021 to get back to that schedule. Here is her card:

With all the stamp shows being canceled this year I used my saved show monies to buy a machine I had been wanting for some time. This is the FIRST card I made using my new Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil machine that I had bought off HobbyLobby.com at a great sale price with free shipping. The spider web hot foil plate is from Spellbinders and I bought that from their online store. The little ghost trick or treater is a die from Cottage Cutz that my PIC had gifted me so I HAD to use it for her card this year and the "Official Candy Inspector" stamp from Trinity Stamps was perfect for this card. Here is a photo to show the holographic foil I used for the spider web:

It is hard to photographic holographic things but this does show the different colours the foil has in it. For the ghost I used white foil card stock for the ghost, black foil card stock for the hat and the boots, and I used scraps for the socks and band on the hat. I put the ghost trick or treater on the card front using foam tape for dimension. 

Hoping everyone had a safe BOO Day (Halloween). We had no trick or treaters which DH was happy about -- more candy for him and less barking from the dog whenever the doorbell rings.... Working on Thanksgiving cards and such but first I am off to de-BOO the craft room and put Halloween items and products away until next year.... 


Packing away my decorated wood blocks from my unmounted stamps that I had decorated. Now onto Thanksgiving and Christmas items!


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I always love your Boo-day cards, Candee and these are no exception! I love the ghost card you sent me. The cardstock you used for the ghost is a wonderful contrast and I love that little sparkly bow!