Saturday, October 15, 2022

Treat Bags for BOO Day

 Here are some photos of the treat bags I made for BOO Day this year:



The black bags are from the Dollar Tree and the printed card stock fronts are papers from my stash. The stenciled piece for the front of the bag is a stencil from Photoplay:

For the stenciled piece I used a grid die from Tessler Stamps and I cut a piece of yellow card stock a bit larger than that die. I used blender brushes and put orange ink on the outside edges of the yellow card stock. Then I used black ink to put the Pumpkin Faces onto the yellow card stock piece. Once the stenciling was done I used 1/2 water to 1/2 Simple Green cleaner in a spray bottle to clean off the black ink from the stencil - this is before I cleaned the stencil and then after:



This is the stenciled piece:

I put the die over the stenciled card stock and die cut that out - I turned it over and numbered the pieces so it would be easy to put it together in the black card stock frame I die cut using the same Tessler grid die - here is a photo of the die cut piece and the numbers on the back before I removed it from the die:


To make it easier to piece the grid die pieces I cut a piece of black card stock the same size as the black grid die cut piece. I put the black grid piece onto the solid black card stock piece using liquid glue. I put liquid glue on the back of the yellow stenciled pieces and put them into the black grid piece. For the circle greeting I used two circle dies and cut out a black circle and then a larger coloured circle to go behind it. The "Oct 31st" die is from My-Creative-Time and I cut that out of glittered card stock. I layered the circles using liquid glue and then put the glittered greeting onto the circles also using foam tape. 

Cut my printed card stock to the size I wanted for the bag fronts and put them onto the bags using liquid glue. Used the ATG and put the grid pieces on the bag fronts. Used an old Sizzix steel ruled ghosts die and cut out the ghosts from glittered white card stocks. Added coloured gems from the stash to the bag front. For the candy corn I used the JadedBlossoms Halloween Dies 2 and scrap card stock and cut those out. Added orange Stickles to the fronts of those. Punched a small circle at the top and put these on the handle of the bag using a bulb pin. Added a bat to the candy corn using tear n tape. The bat was made using a M Stewart punch and glittered black card stock. Tied various ribbons to the handle of the bags. 

Used all scraps for the nugget holders for the inside of the bags:

Ghosts were made using an old Cuttlebug ghost die. Also inside are the Hershey bar holders I made:

Also filled my fry boxes I made:

The Witch Bows on the Hershey bar holders and also on the fry box holders is a die set from Scrapdivadesigns and this die set has both the small and large Witch Bows in the same set so it is an economical set to buy. All the bags have treat holders filled with chocolates so I am sure everyone will be happy once they open the holiday bags! LOVE BOO Day crafts but have already moved onto crafts for Thanksgiving -- first have to wait for the chalk paint to dry on the two pumpkin frames I picked up at Dollar Tree:

But working on Thanksgiving crafts now and will be posting those soon...... .....



 

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

I look forward to seeing your Thanksgiving crafts, Candee! Love the stencil! That Simple Green is like magic! A great cleaner for sure!