Sunday, October 9, 2022

Well worth the delay - - -

The Enchanted Cottage in Lewisville, NC held their Customer Yard Sale yesterday and I was happy to make the trip to shop this yearly sale . . . Stampers set up spots in their parking lot for this one day sale and they sell new or gently used craft items from their craft rooms at great prices and this year they did not disappoint! The original sale date was Saturday, Oct 1st but with the rains from Hurricane Ian the sale was moved to yesterday. 

Prior to the sale I stopped at the bank and picked up singles, fives, and tens for my purchases so that the sellers would not have to break larger bills if I bought anything.... needless to say I almost ran out of singles since the prices were better than the DollarTree!

Here are photos of the sellers set up in the parking lot and this year there were a lot more sellers than in the past and they almost filled up both sides of the parking lot:



Was not really looking for anything at this sale.... sometimes I arrive at these sales with a list of stamp sets or dies or a machine I am looking for, etc.. No list but the sale did not disappoint!

The first booth I shopped the seller was selling all her dies for $1.00 each, or if packaged in multiples, then it was still $1.00 for the package. These two items I paid a dollar each:


These holiday tree dies were all in a plastic Stampin Up case and I paid $1.00 for the whole case:


Creative Expressions, Cottage Cuts, Sizzix/T Holtz, IOStamps, and a single SU tree die --all pieces are in their packaging and a great deal for a dollar for sure....



Sizzix/T Holtz and IOStamps birch tree dies - package of these two was a dollar....


New and never used ECD Decorated Door die set was also $1.00.  The seller had her products sorted by holidays and very organized so easy to find favorites at her booth! 

DSD was shopping with me and she found this great deal for me -- a brand new in box, never used, Mini Misti for $6.00 --- this item retails for approx $50:


Shopped other booths and bought these two die sets:


Happy to find the mailbox as it is a good size and will get used this holiday season for sure... 

LOTS of Stampin Up stamp sets at every booth for sale, both wood mounted and cling/clear mounted. Lost of SU ink pads, a few SU Big Shot machines, lots of SU card stocks, punches, markers, and Paper Pumpkin kits. I did not buy any of them but there was certainly a lot of SU products to choose from. There was one vendor that was selling a lot of the Xyron machines - from the very small to the largest one they sell. A few Cuttlebug machines with plates were for sale, craft carts, storage items, paper racks, marker holders, scrapbooks and supplies for that, paper trimmers, Close To My Heart stamps sets and ink pads, LOTS of Stamps of Life products, SimonSaysStamp stamp and die sets, and pretty much anything else you would want for paper crafting. 

Last booth I shopped the vendor was selling still sealed SU stamp pads so I bought the three colours I use the most since my stamp pads are showing wear --


This vendor also had a box of re-inkers but I already have all of those that I needed so I just bought the stamp pads for $2 each. I also bought a holiday background stamp from Catherine Pooler for $2.50:


I also bought a stamp/stencil set from Stampers Anon/T Holtz for Halloween for $8.00 for the set. This was the most expensive item I bought:


Certainly another great sale and have to say this year the prices were too inviting not to shop!! But certainly happy with all I found considering I was not looking for anything special. After we left the sale we shopped at a local flea market and then headed back to Greensboro to shop at Hobby Lobby. Once that was done off to Mario's for a yummy lunch and we headed home for the day. A fun outing for sure... Used stamping sales are always a favorite......

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Lucky you made a great haul!