Sunday, October 1, 2023

Another Altered Clipboard

DSD recently had a birthday.. she had seen the altered clipboards from the Dollar Tree I have made for me and gals at work and she wanted one for herself so for her birthday I made her one --  this first photo shows how I painted the front of the clipboard with craft paint to match my colour scheme for the clipboard. I paint about an inch in on the front and back of the clipboards as well as the edges of the clipboard:

Once the paint has dried I trim my card stock for the front and the back of the clipboard and using ModPodge I put the card stock on the clipboard: 


I put the ModPodge on over the card stock using a foam brush. I put on the first layer and let it dry thoroughly and then apply a second coat. I go from side to side with the ModPodge on the clipboards. Here is a photo of the front of her finished clipboard:

Here is a photo of the dangle I made her using beads from HobLob and my stash:

She has a cat so hubby saw this cat charm at HobLob when I found my larger green beads so I included that at the bottom of the dangle:

With the clipboard completed I put a new spiral notebook on the clipboard also from the Dollar Tree for her for her birthday. She seemed very happy when she opened it so I am thinking she liked it! ;0)


No comments: