Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Jack-O-Lantern Treat Holder

Recently bought the Jack-O-Lantern die set from My Creative Time to make treat holders for BOO Day (Halloween).  This die set makes a tag but MCT also sells a die that makes this tag into a treat holder. That die set has two pieces that can be used to make their mason jar die set and this tag die set into treat holders. I had bought the MCT mason jar die set and this "Create A Treat Bag" die set earlier for projects I am working on. When this Jack-O-Lantern die set was released I picked one up. Here is a photo of the treat box I made using this newly released die set:

This Jack-O-Lantern die set cuts the grove at the top of the pumpkin as well as the lines that are on the pumpkin for dimension. Since I was going to use this die to make a treat holder I die cut two pieces of the pumpkin - one for the front (face) of the holder and the second piece is for the back. This die set has the eyes, nose, and mouth pieces all on the same die set piece so no small die pieces to have to search for on the work table. With my pumpkin pieces die cut I then die cut the face pieces from mirrored black card stock. To be sure my face pieces would be straight on my pumpkin face I used scrap white card stock and cut out a pumpkin piece. Then I taped the face pieces die on that white piece and die cut that out:  This will be my template for my face pieces:

With the face template die cut I laid it on top of the front pumpkin piece for my treat holder:

With the template in place I then used liquid glue to adhere these pieces to the pumpkin face:

Took the template piece off and the pumpkin face pieces were in place. Set this aside to dry. I decided since this pumpkin die set cuts the lines in the pumpkin pieces that I wanted to make a sturdy treat holder so I would have to line the front and back pumpkin pieces with matching card stock. I laid the pumpkin pieces onto matching card stock and cut a square around them. Used liquid glue and adhered the pumpkin pieces to the square of card stock. Set them aside to dry. Once they were dried I used scissors and cut around the pumpkin shapes. Used matching ink and sponged the edges of my pumpkin pieces. 

For the handles I cut two handles from the mirrored black card stock and two handles from solid black card stock. Used liquid glue to layer those. This way both the front pumpkin and the back pumpkin have handles. Before I glued the handles onto the pumpkin pieces I glued on the oval rings that are for the top of the pumpkins. Then I glued the handles on the pumpkin pieces. Set those aside while I die cut the box insert die to make these pumpkins into a treat holder:


I used tear and tape to adhere the box die cut piece to the front and back pumpkin pieces for the treat holder. With that done I used black and white ribbon from the stash and tied a small bow for the front of the pumpkin. Used hot glue to add that to the pumpkin.  

Put the white template pumpkin face piece with the die for storage for future use. This face die can be used with and without the nose piece so another option there:

This Jack-O-Lantern die set has four pieces and the treat holder came together easily. If you do not use the face die piece this treat holder can also be used for Fall or Thanksgiving treat holders as well - add die cut leaves or a small die cut turkey, etc.. Cute treat holder for BOO Day!



No comments: