Sunday, October 15, 2023

WF#9 Give Thanks Card #2

Used the WaffleFlower Kit #9 Give Thanks to make a second card using the cover  plate, stencil, and word die set from that kit. For this card I used the same distress inks for my leaves as I had on the first card I made. This time I stenciled the leaves on cream card stock rather than the white card stock I had used for the first card. I also used packing tape to add shine to my greeting words die. Here is the second card I made using this card kit:

For my greeting words I took a piece of clear packaging tape and put that on a piece of scrap green card stock. Went over the packing tape with a used gift card to be sure all tape was stuck to the green card stock piece. I used washi tape and taped the "give thanks" die to the packing tape piece and ran this through the die machine. For the shadow piece to this die I used vellum again. Once those two were die cut I then die cut two pieces of cream card stock using the "give thanks" die. Stacked all my word dies using liquid glue and then glued this stack to the vellum. The extra word dies will give this piece dimension on the card front. Set this aside to dry. 

Cut my cream card stock to the size I would need for the leaves cover plate die and die cut that. Stenciled the leaves over the die cut piece using distress inks and blender brushes. In between colours I wiped the stencil off using a dry paper towel. Left the stencil in place and used gold shimmer mist on a clear stamp block with my fan brush and splattered the gold shimmer over the leaves. With that done I removed the stencil and washed that off to remove any ink or gold shimmer from the stencil. 

Cut and scored a piece of card stock for the card stock base for my card with the scored line at the top of the card. Lifted up the edges of the leaves on the card front. Used liquid glue and added the leaf card front to the card base. Used liquid glue and put the "give thanks" greeting on the card front. Added small gold gems to the front of the card for some sparkle and shine. Here is a better photo to show the shine on the die cut greeting using the packing tape:


and a photo to show the two cards together - one using gold foiled card stock for greeting and card front and the other using the packing tape over scrap card stock:

and the shine both cards have:

Another fun card to put together in steps using the WaffleFlower Kit #09. The packing tape is easy to do but remember your die piece can only be as high (or wide) as the width of your clear packing tape is. It is a quick technique to add shine to a die cut piece without the process of heat embossing. 

No comments: